Jump to content

Taxpayers to dig for £20M for Liverpool Dock


Non-Believer
 Share

Recommended Posts

We simply cannot go on haemorrhaging money at the rate we are, and listening to bullshit in order to do so !

They got possessed with Easy Jet, or a n other low cost carrier, bombed a shed load of money, hired Reynolds to smooth the waves and sell a load of tripe to the travelling public, and look where we are now ! The Liverpool thing is a joke an absolute joke !

If there was a business case that made sense at 3 million, or indeed 20 million, how in hell can the same business case make sense at 70 million ?

The SPCO deal looks a bit sour now with two new vessels needed and 70 million in Liverpool, Revenue is going to be a bit thin for a few years methinks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Mind blowing but the really sad part is no one is suprised . And clearly nobody in authority gives a toss. They get their salaries regardless while taxpayers pick up the tab ...again ..morons . From day one with Gawne its clear this should have been monitored and planned professionally . Once again the f***ing muppets in charge have excelled . Not fit to brush the streets but can spew large sums of money without a care in the world. I have to wait 2 years for a eye opp , 5 years for ankle surgery !! The figures wasted would make a massive hole in waiting lists going forward . Yes I'm pissed off with continued incompetance from our CS .

Also where was Cannan in all this . He was treasury minister throughout so why the hell wasnt he asking questions and calling a halt before sums like this are wasted. Did that main muppet HQ overrule him !?? 

Alf Cannan? Missing in Action or Not me Guv. It was the civil servants. Documents got shredded. 
 

A big project costs tens of millions. I dread to think the cost of the new TT scoreboard, unless it’s going to made with MDF and some paint with a bit of stencilling.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, asitis said:

We simply cannot go on haemorrhaging money at the rate we are, and listening to bullshit in order to do so !

They got possessed with Easy Jet, or a n other low cost carrier, bombed a shed load of money, hired Reynolds to smooth the waves and sell a load of tripe to the travelling public, and look where we are now ! The Liverpool thing is a joke an absolute joke !

If there was a business case that made sense at 3 million, or indeed 20 million, how in hell can the same business case make sense at 70 million ?

The SPCO deal looks a bit sour now with two new vessels needed and 70 million in Liverpool, Revenue is going to be a bit thin for a few years methinks.

and to think they agreed to a clause in the agreement that the Manx vessels can not carry any freight ,  from or to the terminal , 

there was an offer on the table for a joint  facility in Birkenhead , but vanity reigned over sanity  it would be interesting to see a breakdown of the figures and what they have been paying consultants  and legals  ,

the senior civil servants  involved in this should be hanging their heads in shame  ,

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Meanwhile front line services on the island are struggling for cash, infrastructure is falling apart, Covid is putting lots of businesses at risk and we splurge vast amounts of money in Liverpool which is unlikely to ever make fiscal sense !

FFS Alf get a grip of these idiots.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Minister Crookall's first statement on the matter since taking post is to announce that the project won't be completed until mid-2023 and to ask for a further £32M handout. Must be embarrassing for him.

This "Emergency Freight facility should Heysham be inaccessible"? Has anybody asked LCC about this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

So Minister Crookall's first statement on the matter since taking post is to announce that the project won't be completed until mid-2023 and to ask for a further £32M handout. Must be embarrassing for him.

This "Emergency Freight facility should Heysham be inaccessible"? Has anybody asked LCC about this?

Sounds like trying to justify the continued necessity to me ! Whether true or not is perhaps debatable .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Meanwhile front line services on the island are struggling for cash, infrastructure is falling apart, Covid is putting lots of businesses at risk and we splurge vast amounts of money in Liverpool which is unlikely to ever make fiscal sense !

FFS Alf get a grip of these idiots.

Could you imagine what £90m would do for getting enough paramedics, GPs and NHS dental cover on the books?

It might not fix it all, but that’s a lot of salaries and kit. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What our government do not appear to realise is that they are dealing with totally ruthless businessmen, they see us as a cash cow with a load of bumpkins making the decisions, they are absolutely right!

We need to employ a bunch of ruthless twats to negotiate on our behalf! It could save them a fortune, and get better results.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...