Latest MEA Figures

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The amount of lessons we have learned over the years we should be lecturing the world how to run things

In the meantime, a motion (no pun intended) by Ms Edge for a probe into Govt employment costs is voted out both in Tynwald and Legco. How detached from reality can these people be?

Hope Allan and Mike are proud of what they contributed to.

My best guess is: there will be no reductions in the tariff or standing charge during the remainder of this financial year, and possibly until Tynwald breaks for summer recess next year. Of course, any significant increases in wholesale gas prices will be passed on tout de suite.

But, as others have said, I wouldn't put it past MUA to wack up the standing charge during the Tynwald recess (they'll all be on holiday, so no one of any significance will defend the move) and trot out the mantra of 'the infrastructure is getting old and maintenance costs will increase'.

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Douglas Prom said:

Can we introduce competition from UK energy suppliers via the undersea cable? Hive off the MEA and power station into a competing company and then watch as the whole thing goes pop?

There really is no need to generate electricity on the Island 100% of the time.

I think they import most of the power as its cheaper than generating our own, mind you i hear they still have a lot of people on shift with not too much to do. 

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

But, as others have said, I wouldn't put it past MUA to wack up the standing charge during the Tynwald recess (they'll all be on holiday, so no one of any significance will defend the move) and trot out the mantra of 'the infrastructure is getting old and maintenance costs will increase'.

Would they dare having seen the shitstorm Manx Gas provoked by doing the same thing?

Here's one for Rob Callister and the rest of them. We use quite a lot of power but we could treble the amount we use. We would also create additional employment directly and indirectly as well as additional work for local CSP's. Sounds good? Nope. Callister and his pals are dillutional when it comes to what is good for the Island.

The MUA sell excess power back to the UK for 4/5p per kW we could bring extra jobs and millions of pounds of investment if they would do a deal at 7p per kW for several extra mW's.

We'd still pay our current rate for what we use all we're asking is to negotiate to bring this additional investment to the Island.

Makes you think that nobody in government can count.

• Like 1