Razorlight Villa Marina 9th June

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would it be you? I've never met you. I don't really get why you would think that.   Anyway, I would have thought that a person in the public eye who had recently attended a media course followin

Great concert last night. Atmosphere was brilliant. They did run out of bitter though, but always plenty in here if they're short. 

Start a Manics tribute band. The Manx St Preachers. Enough of those around, eh ? ...

Posted Images

How is that relevant to my post?

The relevance is: would you engage bands from the present day if the age profile werefolks in their 60's/70's? Are they more likely to attend present day gigs or music of their era? Nothing more than an observation.

But my post wasn't about the TT. I'm not sure the bikers can be seen as one group anyway, and most probably aren't especially interested in music.

In any case, the TT should include events for all parts of the Island, not just the visitors. There's plenty for the bikers to do, and the government pours millions into the races, which is the biker's prime entertainment, orders the locals to endure the ensuing inconvenience. There should be some quid pro quo and TT should attempt to be enjoyable for all.

Well, unless I misread your OP I thought you were in fact referring to the TT, being as June 9th is Senior Race Day, isn't it?

So no relevance at all.

My post was about the howl of protest every time a band is announced. This one happens to be in TT week, but the age of motorcyclists has no relevance to the choice of bands on the island.

They are without a clue - I laughed my head off listening to this mornings breaking news "Razorlight to headline TT festival, the band who've sold 44million records" kill me now.

44million? Are you sure about that?

Maybe :) I was busy laughing, it might have been more or less.

• Like 1

So no relevance at all.

My post was about the howl of protest every time a band is announced. This one happens to be in TT week, but the age of motorcyclists has no relevance to the choice of bands on the island.

Well, as it's not all about TT then, I do hope that s few on here will go and listen/watch the Halle (weekend after TT): http://www.iomarts.com/whats-on-where/the-hall-orchestra/

• Like 2

So no relevance at all.

Well, as it's not all about TT then, I do hope that s few on here will go and listen/watch the Halle (weekend after TT): http://www.iomarts.com/whats-on-where/the-hall-orchestra/

I will for one. thumbsup.gif

I've always thought we should be able to convince Bruce Springsteen to do a gig on the cheap in exchange for some 'money can't buy' experiences, such as starting the Senior Race etc. Apparently he doesn't do gigs at certain times of the year because him & his wife go off touring on their 'bikes. As 'bike fans, there's some common ground here.

I'm not a biker nor really a TT fan but this seems the best suggestion so far to date.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 29/03/2017 at 1:52 PM, Lxxx said:

I'm not a biker nor really a TT fan but this seems the best suggestion so far to date.

On a similar note, Kate Hoey MP was invited to the TT, i think when she was Minister of Sport. She presented Joey Dunlop, with a trophy. The master stroke was giving her a pillion ride round the course, I think it was open roads. She had a grin on her face for days after that one. It turned into a great PR/Political move.