Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Andy Onchan

Flybe nosedives on profits warning

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

A picture is emerging on how a new FlyBe model could be shaping up. 

Explain?

3 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Explain?

Well, if you're not close to the long-haul services operated by Thomas Cook out of London Gatwick, Manchester or Glasgow, then FlyBe could be used to feed those flights (possibly on a thru ticket?).  

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Devonlive.com reports that CEO Mark Anderson says that Flybe could stop flying between (domestic) airports where the journey could be made easily by train or car.

So as long as that argument doesn’t run to ferries, we are OK!

10 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Devonlive.com reports that CEO Mark Anderson says that Flybe could stop flying between (domestic) airports where the journey could be made easily by train or car.

So as long as that argument doesn’t run to ferries, we are OK!

Even if it does run to ferries you have nothing to worry about, the keyboard being easily!

:cool:

10 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Even if it does run to ferries you have nothing to worry about, the keyboard being easily!

Key word even :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, GD4ELI said:

Subtext. If someone is already screwing you to get there and we can screw you slightly less, we'll carry on.

Prices have gone up significantly recently.

• Like 1

When I first kicked this blog off I set up a Google News Alert, primarily to keep up-to-date on the financial situation with Flybe to see what, if any, effects there might be on IOM rotations. 

One type of alert that kept popping up on a more regular basis (at least once a week) was news on various operational incidents and (CAA) reports with Flybe flights. To be honest I was staggered at the number of reports in various regional newspapers.

I'm sure that Flybe are not alone with the type of incidents listed here but it does make you wonder how their aircraft actually manage to stay in the air and why there are so my cancellations and delays.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm sure that Flybe are not alone with the type of incidents listed here but it does make you wonder how their aircraft actually manage to stay in the air and why there are so my cancellations and delays.

Only two reported incidents involving IOM flights since 2011 (not counting the one in IOM air space) doesn't actually sound too bad. I suppose you'd have to know what the ratio of incidents-to-flights was, and what sort of ratio other airlines have, to know whether it's good, bad, or indifferent.

• Like 2

How many crashes have Flybe had?

I suppose in the course of many flights you do get problems.  Also with the unbearable health and safety lot nosing all the time you have a situation where everything is reported when in reality most of non events.

Shirley if they were non-events they wouldn't get reported? The ones listed in that website certainly ain't non-events.

I take the point about incident-to-flight ratios, nevertheless I was still surprised to read how often they are reported.

• Like 1