Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Andy Onchan

Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Recommended Posts

What's with the sudden price rises for Flybe now? Just milking the island before they decide it's time to move on? Or were the previous prices too low which contributed to them going tits up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just booked short notice to go to Liverpool. Didn’t even look at Flybe, mainly because of their tiny carry on case policy. 

It was also still sixty quid cheaper to fly and hire a car than using the Packet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I’ve just booked short notice to go to Liverpool. Didn’t even look at Flybe, mainly because of their tiny carry on case policy. 

It was also still sixty quid cheaper to fly and hire a car than using the Packet.

Hey, don’t forget that the steamie may be paying your pension :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fact Jack and you know it. ( even though it won't sit well with you thinking that what you paid in is now paying your pension) Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It's a fact Jack and you know it. ( even though it won't sit well with you thinking that what you paid in is now paying your pension) Sorry.

What I paid in was a lot, but it won’t cover it on a payback basis if I get as good an innings as Hector!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The handling of expensive delicate musical instruments are always best left in the control of burly minimum wage baggage handlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, Derek Flint said:

What I paid in was a lot, but it won’t cover it on a payback basis if I get as good an innings as Hector!

Many don't. In fact many never get far enough to draw a penny in pension. I appreciate you refer to an occupational pension, but I know of quite a few women who were relying on a state pension to retire and who have now died around 63 or 64 having worked and paid in those extra years and benefited to the square root of fuck all. Not everyone has the means to knock off early and please themselves. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Probably just silly old me but has flybe abandoned through ticketing on their own system?

Just tried to book IOM - Southampton in February.  Before it would give you all the options via Manchester - now 'route not available'.

Ignore - looks like a glitch (how strange!) in the flybe website - seems normal now which can't be said about the fares!

 

Edited by Utah 01
flybe gets its website working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Probably just silly old me but has flybe abandoned through ticketing on their own system?

Just tried to book IOM - Southampton in February.  Before it would give you all the options via Manchester - now 'route not available'.

Ignore - looks like a glitch (how strange!) in the flybe website - seems normal now which can't be said about the fares!

 

Flybe prices are terrible now.

My usual trips to Manchester are now via Liverpool for half the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flybe operate the old Dash 8 Q400`s` which are old, high maintenance, and arn`t fuel efficient, compared to the Airbus A320, so unless they can replace the fleet with more modern aircraft, they will never make money, unless they can change,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Flybe operate the old Dash 8 Q400`s` which are old, high maintenance, and arn`t fuel efficient, compared to the Airbus A320, so unless they can replace the fleet with more modern aircraft, they will never make money, unless they can change,

Except you can’t compare a Q400, 70 seater, with an A320 180 seater.

Flybe are getting rid of its ATR’s and Embraer jets because their routes, load factors,  and the airports they fly in/out of are suited to Q400’s, not A320’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Flybe operate the old Dash 8 Q400`s` which are old, high maintenance, and arn`t fuel efficient, compared to the Airbus A320

Q400s aren't fuel efficient?

Have you got the fuel burn for say IOM-LPL available for Q400 and A320 (or the A319)?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

Flybe operate the old Dash 8 Q400`s` which are old, high maintenance, and arn`t fuel efficient, compared to the Airbus A320, so unless they can replace the fleet with more modern aircraft, they will never make money, unless they can change,

 

E7B93C67-CDFD-4874-B6C7-5EC7D7BE7321.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...