Door to Door 'Cold Calling'

These door to door calling asking for money should be made illegal. Those shaking tins in the street aren't allowed to ask you directly for money, so why should someone be able to knock on your door and ask the same?

I decide who I give my time and support to charity wise.

• Like 1

Completely agree with Katman there should be no door to door collections allowed at all on the iom, it's not fair calling on a certain part of society especially the elderly or low earners who feel obliged to give even though they may have little themselves, ( calling should only be allowed at mhks mlcs and Athol street fatcats houses only) people may already give to there own personal charities and don't need to be hassled on there own doorstep and don't get me started about supermarket bag packers collecting to pay for rugger trips to far away places when some of the very people throwing in there tins may be waiting forever to have a operation here on the good old IOM.

Rant over.

• Like 1

Completely agree with Katman there should be no door to door collections allowed at all on the iom, it's not fair calling on a certain part of society especially the elderly or low earners who feel obliged to give even though they may have little themselves, ( calling should only be allowed at mhks mlcs and Athol street fatcats houses only) people may already give to there own personal charities and don't need to be hassled on there own doorstep and don't get me started about supermarket bag packers collecting to pay for rugger trips to far away places when some of the very people throwing in there tins may be waiting forever to have a operation here on the good old IOM.

Rant over.

I've started to avoid supermarkets at weekends for just that reason.

It seems that some 'local' supermarkets are running a 'register' of weekends allocated to different charities. Gets a bit much when it's every week.

• Like 2

Rant over.

I've started to avoid supermarkets at weekends for just that reason.

It seems that some 'local' supermarkets are running a 'register' of weekends allocated to different charities. Gets a bit much when it's every week.

Agreed. One Saturday a month is enough.

After being buzzed by a religious group I sent an email to the OFT asking how the new law against cold calling - Consumer Protection (Amendment) Act 2016 affects the groups below:

1. Religious Groups
  2. TV licensing/Capita

I got a swift reply as below from the OFT

"Neither would be classed as cold calling under the legislation, as they are not selling Goods or Services in the capacity of a business."

These door to door calling asking for money should be made illegal. Those shaking tins in the street aren't allowed to ask you directly for money, so why should someone be able to knock on your door and ask the same?

I decide who I give my time and support to charity wise.

plagiarised from albert gubay's headstone no doubt

• Like 2

They don't come around the pondy no more after mikey bit that fella. Main problem is enforcing the ban, old people most likely to fall for it are also least likely to call the police.