I don't understand!

doc.fixit

Just noticed planning app. no.PA/17/00230/B for Jacksons to build a two car showrooms, an after sales building and a car valeting suite and access roads on the field south west of Cooil Road.

I thought all that had been okayed when I saw all the groundworks and development already being done. I'm obviously wrong, so what's already got permission up there 'cos I thought all that was for Jacksons..............no axe to grind just nosy!!whatever.gif

Who needs planning application when you are going to provide hundreds of jobs and sell thousands of cars thumbsup.gif

So that makes businesses above the law? I thought they were creating upto 100 jobs, with 65 being the initial amount - but Jacksons have already bought out/eliminated the competition. It remains to be seen what happens.

Who needs planning application when you are going to provide hundreds of jobs and sell thousands of cars thumbsup.gif

So that makes businesses above the law? I thought they were creating upto 100 jobs, with 65 being the initial amount - but Jacksons have already bought out/eliminated the competition. It remains to be seen what happens.

What's the chance the planning will all be kicked out yet and end up a Tesco's?

It's hard to see why a car dealership needs that sort of industrial strength access putting in. It's not like 500 cars a day will be going in or out to a car showroom yet it's getting new roundabouts and access roads like it's going to be feeding half of the traffic in Douglas.

Edited by hboy

What's the chance the planning will all be kicked out yet and end up a Tesco's?

It's hard to see why a car dealership needs that sort of industrial strength access putting in. It's not like 500 cars a day will be going in or out to a car showroom yet it's getting new roundabouts and access roads like it's going to be feeding half of the traffic in Douglas.

When you over estimate the potential market you might just end up building a monster, then it will need to be diverted into other things such as a retail park?

• Like 1