Cars and cyclists stopping at busy bus stops

llap

I imagine that IOM buses (who use Ticketter I believe) will be using the same RTI/GPRS tracking that my mate works on.

The bus company can't lie about where the buses are because the back office system gets the GPS info as to the buses exact location and the time it entered/exited the stop location.

The bus company can't lie about where the buses are because the back office system gets the GPS info as to the buses exact location and the time it entered/exited the stop location.

So you are saying that GPS data in combination with onboard cameras and free wifi ensure complete 'GOVERN MENT' surveillance of bus wankers?

Edited by j2bad

Oh ffs now you've gone and suggested a new stealth tax. Please delete before some arsehole MHK reads.

I doubt the IOM Treasury would introduce a stealth tax, aimed solely at the Department of Infrastructure.

But of course you are suggesting one on cyclists.

• Like 1

So you are saying that GPS data in combination with onboard cameras and free wifi ensure complete 'GOVERN MENT' surveillance of bus wankers?

Have you got GPS and wifi roaming on your phone turned off? Never pay for anything with a bank card or credit card?

I don't think the shadowy IOM government need to worry about tracking you via the bus system.

Plus a lot of bus companies are going towards contactless and cash free (PAYG) bus cards so they know where and when you got on a bus without GPS.

Edited by RIchard Britten

Have you got GPS and wifi roaming on your phone turned off? Never pay for anything with a bank card or credit card?

I don't think the shadowy IOM government need to worry about tracking you via the bus system.

Plus a lot of bus companies are going towards contactless and cash free (PAYG) bus cards so they know where and when you got on a bus without GPS.

Actually I do have GPS turned off, mainly to conserve battery life but also to stop attempts at mind control.

The man can probably turn your GPS back on without you knowing and track you anyway. Just like he can turn the mic and the camera on without you knowing.

The bus GPS is slightly useful as you can get an app and see where all the buses are.

• Like 1

Oh ffs now you've gone and suggested a new stealth tax. Please delete before some arsehole MHK reads.

I doubt the IOM Treasury would introduce a stealth tax, aimed solely at the Department of Infrastructure.

I don't doubt it. The way these morons in charge have silo mentalities, they'd see it as revenue generation for their little silo empire. It's pretty pathetic the way the government operates and no surprise the finances are completely screwed up. I take Chris Thomas' claims that all is honky dory with a big grain of salt.

Just spoke to my mate in the Bus industry, and there is a reason why it is "suggested" that you let buses out where safe to do so.

Bus companies are fined for arriving at a stop destination late by the local council/authority.

So other than the personal satisfaction of being a decent human being for 5 seconds out of your shitty existence, its about keeping the public transport running to time.

Does that apply here on the Island?