MLC nominations open

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Sound like PK is starting making noises again. Wonder if he's trying for the extended gravy train?

Don’t worry... he has a very tidy pension thank you.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You get the impression that Humbles got her support by wandering around Prospect Hill (where presumably she works some of the time), pestering MHKs to back her like a small child getting sponsors for

While people who have worked all their lives are having their assets stripped so that they can afford care, Phil Gawne made sure that his rich landowning mates were able to have a similar deal as UK a

In all fairness, I couldn’t care less whether the proposed/nominated/shoo-in/handed seat MLC was born here or not. What matters to me is they have a brain, able to use it. Have Common Sense and able t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

We need a few more Members who are not members of the same "club".

As I said to his lordship, they become members of the islands most exclusive club the very moment they are elected

1 hour ago, vee_dub said:

John Skinner? This must be some sort of joke surely?

David Ashford really needs to take himself to a quiet room and think long and hard about his judgement. 

That’s our esteemed Minister for Health I’ll have you know. How very dare you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If he has been rejected as an MHK on a number of occasions there's no way he should be putting himself forward as a good candidate for LegCo

Ashford,  Corlett, Harmer & Baker should explain why have proposed him in such circumstances

Edited by Donald Trumps
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Perhaps they are proposing him because he is NOT an MHK and is obviously interested in politics?

"    John Skinner? This must be some sort of joke surely? "

|So what exactly is your reason for this statement? You know something the public should be told about? or you just going to have a go at anyone who puts their name forward?

• Thanks 1

Wilson-Poole has been in her position for a year. I for one would be interested in a one-year review of what she has done. I'm not saying she hasn't done anything. I'd just like an update on progress as I understand she was designated as an equality officer or some such title?

I'd also like a 50-year review from Geoff Corkish with possible back-pay if sufficient work can't be documented. That should be enough to fund meals on wheels for a few years.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

If he has been rejected as an MHK on a number of occasions there's no way he should be putting himself forward as a good candidate for LegCo

Ashford,  Corlett, Harmer & Baker should explain why have proposed him in such circumstances

They’d like him in their cosy little club.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Uhtred said:
2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

They’d like him in their cosy little club.

He was a fireman for a long time, so maybe he could become the pool team captain and be really useful.:o

• Haha 1

According to IOM Today the latest nominations are:

Jane Poole-Wilson (Nominated Caine; Seconded Shimmins; Supported Quayle and Perkins.

John Skinner (Ashford; Corlett; Harmer and Baker)

Dawn Joughin (Edge; Allinson; Bettison and Corlett)

Juan Kelly (Thomas; Hooper; Ashford and Shimmins)

Kate Lord-Brennan (Perkins;Harmer;Caine, Allinson and Baker)

Kerry Sharpe (Peake; Perkins; Baker and Shimmins)

I assume Juan Kelly is the one about whom there has been a recent Manx Forums thread.