Can the mods please consider a sub forum for the minority of idiots and their alter egos who are ruining this forum with their constant bickering and slandering? On there, they can call each other what they like without involving the rest of us!

I have been a forum member since 2006 and never have I seen just about every topic sink into a nonsensical farce between the same old posters, who use this forum to flex muscles they obviously don't have and say things that they would never dare say to anyone face to face! Banter is one thing but these idiots are ruining just about every thread and you have to scroll past reams of total childish crap to try and pick up what every subject is about!

• Like 11
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can the mods please consider a sub forum for the minority of idiots and their alter egos who are ruining this forum with their constant bickering and slandering? On there, they can call each other wha

Max has a good point but I don't think the solution will work. The idiots will still spout their bile and venom on sensible topics.   Can I suggest that those with something sensible to contribute j

This thread is great. It's like the forums are possessed by the ghost of usenet.

Posted Images

Max has a good point but I don't think the solution will work. The idiots will still spout their bile and venom on sensible topics.

Can I suggest that those with something sensible to contribute just ignore the trolling and insulting posts and focus on issues.

I have not posted for a while as the forum seems mostly about childish bickering but if we ignore that, the idiots might either go away or grow up.

• Like 7

Make a minor error, and the mods jump on you, they should place more emphasis on stopping these few idiots who are stopping genuine posters from doing what this forum was intended for, genuine discussion not personal abuse,

I could name them all but should not have too.

• Like 5

Remember the brief Fight Club? It'll breed antagonism that will spread to the other threads - how could it not?

To be honest, I think the likes of mannin1 with their angry inchorant blinkered negativity does cause more damage than the bickerers.

I was tempted to but I think everybody knows who they are, including themselves. They drive decent posters away and it seems that they can't help themselves.

Not a good enough answer I'm afraid, this is supposed to be a moderated forum but all it has turned into is a few ignorant people seemingly thinking it is acceptable to personally abuse fellow posters.

It is ruining and spoiling what was a good method of social discourse.

It's a standard government tactic.

The ghost thread observations say it all. Since the Brexiteers and Notty and his ignorant responses stating every post he doesn't like is pathetic, or nonsense, or whatever else seem to have come back all the puppets are back out fighting with each other again. Clearly a divide and rule strategy at a time when we have one of the most Right Wing governments we've had in a long time. I would guess it's only certain people who work in government who would have that much time to spend on here for hours a day stirring the pot and destroying any anti government threads (or even questioning government threads) form continuing.

It's no better or worse now on Facebook or Twitter. There is an angry right wing constantly shouting its views all over the place and across all platforms. It's the way Putin has been managing Russian social media for a long time. Anyone who shows any level of descent against their version of reality gets trolled out of existence. Same as Trumps claims of "Fake News". It's just an attempt to destroy any counter argument in the absence of any of them being able to deliver any reliable facts about anything.

If you don't do any of the other stuff do you watch CNN or Fox News Max? No different than here either and that's supposed to be mainstream media. It's just nasty targeted conjecture and muck spreading dressed up as news and debate for fools.

Edited by hboy

I was tempted to but I think everybody knows who they are, including themselves. They drive decent posters away and it seems that they can't help themselves.

Not a good enough answer I'm afraid, this is supposed to be a moderated forum but all it has turned into is a few ignorant people seemingly thinking it is acceptable to personally abuse fellow posters.

It is ruining and spoiling what was a good method of social discourse.

It's not pre moderated. The moderators do not act as common law editors. There is a report button. The moderators generally only moderate on receipt of a report. That is reactive moderation.

There are very few reports and even fewer moderations.

The posters you probably refer to have had month long suspensions already this year. One had about 20 sock puppets suspended at the same time.

And as for mannin1's suggestion that minor errors get jumped on, it just isn't like that. The number of warnings, suspensions or bans is very very small.

• Like 1

Can the mods please consider a sub forum for the minority of idiots and their alter egos who are ruining this forum with their constant bickering and slandering? On there, they can call each other what they like without involving the rest of us!

I have been a forum member since 2006 and never have I seen just about every topic sink into a nonsensical farce between the same old posters, who use this forum to flex muscles they obviously don't have and say things that they would never dare say to anyone face to face! Banter is one thing but these idiots are ruining just about every thread and you have to scroll past reams of total childish crap to try and pick up what every subject is about!

Well that doesn't exactly narrow it down....

• Like 1

Can the Forum software be programmed to stop Sock Puppeting?

A ''dislike'' button may bring the message home to some?

Admin are all volunteers so a solution has to be of little extra work for them.

I have 20 or so on my ignore list but only 3-4 show up now, the others have either left or, more likely, changed name, which is annoying till you start to recognise them and ignore them too!

Publish the number of warnings under their name and avatar box?

Could a name and address be required, then the Mods could send their Mother a letter of complaint?

Edited by Kopek