Manx.net emails

So those of us that were savvy enough to put an auto-forwarding rule on a email account to another external email account.

They have now removed this feature, but it is still in place, ie, there is no way to edit the old rule or add a new one.

A test message I sent from a gmail account to a manx net account that should come back to the gmail account works but then I get an auto delivery message saying my manx net account doesn't exist.

Figure that one out.

Anyone else getting duplicate emails? Not all inbound emails are being duplicated but there are a substantial number, I now have 272 unread emails since yesterday,

Yes.

Got 1076 emails today and 99% were old ones we had already deleted.

It seems that in the change over, all old emails that were sent in the last few weeks / months were resent.

Bit of a ball ache deleting them all again, but I still like Manx Telecom and will stay with them. I think their customer service is very good and the pricing OK.

No point in change for change sake.thumbsup.gif

Anyone else getting duplicate emails? Not all inbound emails are being duplicated but there are a substantial number, I now have 272 unread emails since yesterday,

Yes.

It seems that in the change over, all old emails that were sent in the last few weeks / months were resent.

Bit of a ball ache deleting them all again, but I still like Manx Telecom and will stay with them. I think their customer service is very good and the pricing OK.

It's a complete farce this upgrade, 1000 duplicate emails, hope your not on a limited Gb package, it could effect your monthly data allowance before the month is out.

Yes.

It's a complete farce this upgrade, 1000 duplicate emails, hope your not on a limited Gb package, it could effect your monthly data allowance before the month is out.

No, we are on unlimited, luckily.

The other point is that we cannot get onto our manx.net account as our password no longer works.

But I still regard MT as the best we can have so will stay with them.

Found a way to get the rule out/

Switch to Tablet Interface

Go into Settings

Click Forwarder

Take out email address

Save

Means that you will have to go to manx mail to check for emails again but at least they will be delivered now

• Like 1

Yes.

The other point is that we cannot get onto our manx.net account as our password no longer works.

I'm managing to get in, the problem I have had is getting into other manx net accounts as when I log out and try to log into another account it logs me back into the account I just logged out of. I am having to clear the auto fill password boxes and type in again to make sure I get into the right account

in thunderbird, if I delete something it just tells me the operation failed and the messages pop back up sad.png

only one account which is still pop3 seems to behave once they get on my pc but any imap are screwed up

I'm not a Thunderbird user but iMAP on manx net mail was always pretty screwed up. You had to make sure that the deleted bin on the client was mapped to the deleted bin on the server (not local) for the email to be moved to the server bin so it didn't error.

in thunderbird, if I delete something it just tells me the operation failed and the messages pop back up sad.png

only one account which is still pop3 seems to behave once they get on my pc but any imap are screwed up

I'm not a Thunderbird user but iMAP on manx net mail was always pretty screwed up. You had to make sure that the deleted bin on the client was mapped to the deleted bin on the server (not local) for the email to be moved to the server bin so it didn't error.

We still speaking English here or what?

• Like 3

We still speaking English here or what?

Mrs Bazcabs phone is on imap and it's not erroring on deleting. I've seen that error lots on iPads using iMap. Check your device for folder settings in email. Look for trash (it usually only has 2 settings) so change it to the other

Yes.

When did you change your password, according to my last post if you changed it recently try your old one.