• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless you're a burglar.

So is the price of a Lamborghini.

Would this be before or after you broke down crying?

Posted Images

You can tell the policeman to go and do one unless he or she can justify probable cause or show a warrant. If one of them stopped me and demanded to search my person, I'd ask why and refuse unless the purpose was fair and reasonable. In that scenario, without a good reason, if he or she tried to arrest me I would be entirely within my right to resist them and look to sue them for unlaw arrest and/or assault against my person.

Edited by llap

You can tell the policeman to go and do one unless he or she can justify probable cause or show a warrant. If one of them stopped me and demanded to search my person, I'd ask why and refuse unless the reason was reasonable. In that scenario, if he or she tried to arrest me I would be entirely within my right to resist them and look to sue them for unlaw arrest and/or assault against my person.

In theory ok but in practice i suspect you'd find that your definition and the police officers definition of reasonable differs.

• Like 2

You can tell the policeman to go and do one unless he or she can justify probable cause or show a warrant. If one of them stopped me and demanded to search my person, I'd ask why and refuse unless the reason was reasonable. In that scenario, if he or she tried to arrest me I would be entirely within my right to resist them and look to sue them for unlaw arrest and/or assault against my person.

In theory ok but in practice i suspect you'd find that your definition and the police officers definition of reasonable differs.

I think you'll find the police officer would need to follow the definition as found in law. They are supposed to enforce the law, they do not decide what is law.

I think you'll find the police officer would need to follow the definition as found in law. They are supposed to enforce the law, they do not decide what is law.
I don't disagree but in practice i don't think being clever with a police officer tends to end well.

In reality if they want to arrest you there is probably good reason to do so. If it proves you were innocent then you would be unarrested at the police station.

I use the term you as a general reference and not a personal inference. Personally, I've never had an issue with police.

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Like 1

You can tell the policeman to go and do one unless he or she can justify probable cause or show a warrant. If one of them stopped me and demanded to search my person, I'd ask why and refuse unless the purpose was fair and reasonable. In that scenario, without a good reason, if he or she tried to arrest me I would be entirely within my right to resist them and look to sue them for unlaw arrest and/or assault against my person.

Would this be before or after you broke down crying?
  • Like 3

highly likely, then you get done for resisting arrest even though they were never there to arrest you.

• Like 1

"I don't think being clever [AKA knowing the law] with a police officer tends to end well."

Okay, so we should just submit to their authorit-eh and accept we live in a lawless police state. Let's just throw out rule of law. Let's bring in Judge Dredd policemen who are jury and executioner. Why bother with laws?

"I don't think being clever [AKA knowing the law] with a police officer tends to end well."

Okay, so we should just submit to their authorit-eh and accept we live in a lawless police state. Let's just throw out rule of law. Let's bring in Judge Dredd policemen who are jury and executioner. Why bother with laws?

Is your keyboard armour plated? Is that standard issue for keyboard warriors these days?