So what's to stop us having U.K. Mobiles here now, with all the benefits that brings, unless MT and Sure follow suit ?

Pretty much a monopoly on infrastructure, accountants and shareholders?

If you look at the EU scheme and the service providers T&C's it's only roaming and there are limits and restrictions.

If you use a SIM issued by a low cost country provider ( say. Bulgaria ) either on contract or a PAYG exclusively in a third EU country the exemption doesn't apply, or cuts out fairly quickly.

It's all subject to a fair use clause in the regulations.

The IOM isn't in the EU anyway so the EU roaming scheme doesn't apply here.

Most UK providers are now including IOM in their EU no charge roaming deals but not so other EU. telecoms providers. However there's that fair use clause.

..and after 30 days of roaming they switch it off under the fair usage terms and conditions. So if you want to get one and put it down to you great aunts UK address, it'll work for a month tops.

Pretty much a monopoly on infrastructure, accountants and shareholders?

How can it be a monopoly with two established firms?

I was under the impression that MT had in place most of the infrastructure? Sure just piggyback off that?

I haven't paid roaming charges here for a couple of years although I'm not here all the time.

I think all roaming calls and texts are included in the £20 a month package with 4GB non UK data (+20GB UK data per month)

Edit just checked with the Voda app, its actually £22.20/month

Edited by ballaughbiker

Is the roaming free in the IOM on any UK Pay as you go SIM's ?.

I have a couple of visitors coming over from across the pond. They are first going to visit the UK and then come over to the IOM.

Rather than taking a UK PAYG SIM and then an IOM SIM when they come here, Is it possible to take a UK SIM and get it to work over here .

PS: They are only here for 10 days.