Cyclists closing public roads

By what right and under which law does the IOM Cycling Authority decide to close public roads 29/30 April for youth races ? People unable to leave their homes all day, open churches, visit, shop... Simply intolerable and should not be indulged.

• Like 3
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. Bloody church goers!

By what right and under which law does the IOM Cycling Authority decide to close public roads 29/30 April for youth races ? People unable to leave their homes all day, open churches, visit, shop... Si

So can you tell me which church you attend. Because the road closures won't affect the possibility of getting to church. In fact most don't have a church on the closed roads.   Take it, it's a belle

Road closures like this should have to prove some kind of economic benefit before they are approved.

The fact that roads will be closed will stop some shops and businesses from being as busy as they may have been over a bank holiday weekend.

So to negate that factor, they should have to prove how many bed nights their event is creating, what additional spend in the local economy it will produce etc.

Closing roads 'just for fun' shouldn't be a good enough reason.

• Like 1

A lot of these things have to be provided I believe DP, and coordination with bus companies, utilities etc to ensure it impacts the least amount as possible. They aren't just rubber stamped.

People do travel to the IOM to cycle.

Did anyone bother to check what roads are closed? None of them are really what I would term as high traffic areas. I suspect the vast majority of the Island wont even notice there's an event going on.