Cyclists closing public roads

........struggled to get through Ballaugh this morning with the tractor and trailer...........bicyclists' vans and cars nose to tail from the church to the main road............ I just can't believe their collective ignorance, it was obvious they were causing problems by blocking the road......

And then...some tax-payer-subsidised farmer whinges like a bitch about having his tractor held up on a 50 yard stretch of road by....wait for it....over 100 people leaving an organised event IN THEIR CARS.

Maybe you (in your shit covered tractor) were holding up 100 car drivers? ALL TAXED.

.............who said I was a farmer?........I'm a worker! and the tractor is clean and taxed..........only holding up vehicles because it was difficult to negotiate the thoughtless minority otherwise I pull over if there are a few vehicles behind, unlike most cyclists..........No problem if folk were LEAVING an event, they weren't, they were parked for the duration..........why are you soooooo aggressive?? I am commenting on a situation that happened and hoping against hope that REASONABLE non aggressive folk can come up with reasonable suggestions to alleviate the problem.......for instance, I would have gone a different route had I known there was an event............more publicity maybe? leaving a gap every few cars for vehicles to pull into to pass? not parking on a main through route?..............

• Like 1
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. Bloody church goers!

By what right and under which law does the IOM Cycling Authority decide to close public roads 29/30 April for youth races ? People unable to leave their homes all day, open churches, visit, shop... Si

So can you tell me which church you attend. Because the road closures won't affect the possibility of getting to church. In fact most don't have a church on the closed roads.   Take it, it's a belle

........struggled to get through Ballaugh this morning with the tractor and trailer...........bicyclists' vans and cars nose to tail from the church to the main road............ I just can't believe their collective ignorance, it was obvious they were causing problems by blocking the road......

And then...some tax-payer-subsidised farmer whinges like a bitch about having his tractor held up on a 50 yard stretch of road by....wait for it....over 100 people leaving an organised event IN THEIR CARS.

Maybe you (in your shit covered tractor) were holding up 100 car drivers? ALL TAXED.

.............who said I was a farmer?........I'm a worker! and the tractor is clean and taxed..........only holding up vehicles because it was difficult to negotiate the thoughtless minority otherwise I pull over if there are a few vehicles behind, unlike most cyclists..........No problem if folk were LEAVING an event, they weren't, they were parked for the duration..........why are you soooooo aggressive?? I am commenting on a situation that happened and hoping against hope that REASONABLE non aggressive folk can come up with reasonable suggestions to alleviate the problem.......for instance, I would have gone a different route had I known there was an event............more publicity maybe? leaving a gap every few cars for vehicles to pull into to pass? not parking on a main through route?..............

Don't worry, Shoe is a complete cock when it comes to anything with two wheels but he's usually having a pop at bikers.

Edited by manxb&b
  • Like 1

I do like doc fixit's posts but a post claiming he couldn't get his tractor and trailer through the village because of the selfish riding of a bunch of cyclists needs to be preserved of posterity. I wonder what the 35 cars doing 12 mph behind his tractor and trailer for 3 miles were thinking?

I do like doc fixit's posts but a post claiming he couldn't get his tractor and trailer through the village because of the selfish riding of a bunch of cyclists needs to be preserved of posterity. I wonder what the 35 cars doing 12 mph behind his tractor and trailer for 3 miles were thinking?

Erm. I think doc.fixit is saying that he was baulked by parked cars, not bikes, leading to he himself holding up others.

I could be wrong though. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

........only holding up vehicles because it was difficult to negotiate the thoughtless minority otherwise I pull over if there are a few vehicles behind, unlike most cyclists....

Why am I so aggressive? I'm not tongue.png

You slated a group of people because of what they were, not what they were doing. If your claim is correct (btw it wasn't, I was there, cars were passing through), then they were being bad drivers. Parking badly, driving slowly. Whatever.

Your rant should be against inconsiderate drivers. But no, you attacked because those cars were owned by cyclists.

(btw the cycling was finished by 10:35, 10:45 at the very latest)

If a group of people were all as badly parked outside a synagogue would you....I'm sure you can see the analogy I was going to draw.

I fully understand when people attack individual cyclists for riding like twats. There's plenty of them (also car drivers, horse riders, kids on scooters, OAPS on those motor things etc)

But I'm sick of an entire "minority" being targeted. Even when they weren't on their bikes.

Don't worry, Shoe is a complete cock when it comes to anything with two wheels but he's usually having a pop at bikers.

I criticise twats on motorbikes who do a ton+ on public roads (while you defend them as "safe").

But I don't attack ALL bikers just because they own a bike. Would that be bigotry?

I'm not denying the cock comment though.

• Like 2

DOI confirm no access to Jurby Church. Nothing to do with them, say complain to Cycling Authority. We have to open Church anyway and get visitors up there. Will tell police.

So no access to the arse end of nowhere = no problem.

DOI confirm no access to Jurby Church. Nothing to do with them, say complain to Cycling Authority. We have to open Church anyway and get visitors up there. Will tell police.

What are the police going to do? If they have a road closure order they are not breaking any laws.