Cyclists closing public roads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. Bloody church goers!

By what right and under which law does the IOM Cycling Authority decide to close public roads 29/30 April for youth races ? People unable to leave their homes all day, open churches, visit, shop... Si

So can you tell me which church you attend. Because the road closures won't affect the possibility of getting to church. In fact most don't have a church on the closed roads.   Take it, it's a belle

The people who administered the application would have been working anyway, so no extra cost. The marshals are volunteers.

and the police and doi will be working for free....
Police would be working anyway. Why would DoI be needed?

to close the roads....

........only holding up vehicles because it was difficult to negotiate the thoughtless minority otherwise I pull over if there are a few vehicles behind, unlike most cyclists....

Why am I so aggressive? I'm not tongue.png

You slated a group of people because of what they were, not what they were doing. If your claim is correct (btw it wasn't, I was there, cars were passing through), then they were being bad drivers. Parking badly, driving slowly. Whatever.

Your rant should be against inconsiderate drivers. But no, you attacked because those cars were owned by cyclists.

(btw the cycling was finished by 10:35, 10:45 at the very latest)

If a group of people were all as badly parked outside a synagogue would you....I'm sure you can see the analogy I was going to draw.

I fully understand when people attack individual cyclists for riding like twats. There's plenty of them (also car drivers, horse riders, kids on scooters, OAPS on those motor things etc)

But I'm sick of an entire "minority" being targeted. Even when they weren't on their bikes.

......so you non aggressively call me a liar?.......I was commenting on the inconsiderate parking which happened to be by cyclists, I know, I was there!............please read what I said which was how awkward it was to get through with a tractor and trailer........whatever you say, it happened, it was made into a single track road by bad parking by a group of folk, whoever they were, with consequences for other folk trying to go about their daily work............and yes I would say the same wherever folk were inconsiderate whatever their inclination..........say what you like, I've said my piece, like it or lump it.......

Jurby Church has reopened?

Open every day. Service tomorrow 11.15 am.

But there isn't a service on Saturday 29 April, which is the day that the cycle races around Jurby are taking place. You assume that they checked that there weren't any weddings or anything (I suspect we would have heard about about it if there were).

The Sunday racing is taking place on the Marine Drive and Port Soderick course and as already pointed out there don't seem to be any churches and chapels currently in use on those routes.

Edited by Roger Mexico

Jurby Church has reopened?

Open every day. Service tomorrow 11.15 am.

But there isn't a service on Saturday 29 April, which is the day that the cycle races around Jurby are taking place. You assume that they checked that there weren't any weddings or anything (I suspect we would have heard about about it if there were).

The Sunday racing is taking place on the Marine Drive and Port Soderick course and as already pointed out there don't seem to be any churches and chapels currently in use on those routes.

............and yes I would say the same wherever folk were inconsiderate whatever their inclination..........

So you'd say "I'm sick of those arrogant muslims clogging up the road outside their mosque"

Or "those bloody chinks again, parking wherever they like, they think they own the place with their sauces that are both sweet and savoury"

I don't think you realise how you sound.

This was a thread about road closures for a children's cycle race - you just wanted to rant about cyclists.

And why were you at work? It was Good Friday, you should've been in church.

xx

I think your tractor should be kept off the roads because it holds me up when I'm cycling.

The church has to be opened every day and closed every day of the year. It also receives visitors to the church, the burial ground, the war graves, from IOM, UK and overseas. It is publicised as an IOM iconic tourist venue.