Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Time for the annual road tax hike

You refer to the "The DoI insists the changes are needed to generate income to maintain the highways network, as well as supporting local businesses and helping the environment." this bit I presume?

Yeah, it's going to go up every year and they'll use "environment" as an excuse every time.

• Like 2

Wankers.

If they are going to continue to increase the price then they should offer a way to pay by direct debit. Having to stump up £200 or so in one go can be difficult for a lot of people.

Tarne - there hasn't been an increase since 2015

Teapot - you can pay by credit card and then take as long as you like to pay it off.

Or just put it on the price of a litre of fuel...

• Like 5

Not if you don't have a credit card.

The answer is then - go and get one.

Direct debit is administratively expensive. If you want to pay by instalments do so, but don't expect the rest of us to cover the admin costs of your credit, which is how DD would work.

If you have budgeted for a car then you must also budget for tax, insurance, fuel etc. If you haven't budgeted properly then perhaps its time to catch a bus.

If you have budgeted for a car then you must also budget for tax, insurance, fuel etc. If you haven't budgeted properly then perhaps its time to catch a bus.

Or just get a smaller car. My road tax is peanuts, even as a doley I can afford a car.

• Like 1

I see the top two categories of most polluting gas guzzlers with highest co2 emissions are getting a substantial reduction.

Direct debit is administratively expensive. If you want to pay by instalments do so, but don't expect the rest of us to cover the admin costs of your credit, which is how DD would work.

Agreed

I've just paid mine. 42 quid.

I see the top two categories of most polluting gas guzzlers with highest co2 emissions are getting a substantial reduction.

.......that wouldn't be because a lot of the privileged folk have vehicles with large engines............would it?.......

..............I have a large engine car, very second hand so I'm not complaining just commenting................

Edited by doc.fixit
  • Like 2

Are you for real?
  • Like 2

.......that wouldn't be because a lot of the privileged folk have vehicles with large engines............would it?.......

..............I have a large engine car, very second hand so I'm not complaining just commenting................

Some people have this type of vehicle because they need it not because they are privilaged.

My 4 x 4 is almost £600 a year to tax - more than a LGV

Its about time I got a substantial reduction