Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Time for the annual road tax hike

I see the top two categories of most polluting gas guzzlers with highest co2 emissions are getting a substantial reduction.

.......that wouldn't be because a lot of the privileged folk have vehicles with large engines............would it?.......

..............I have a large engine car, very second hand so I'm not complaining just commenting................

I have a 2.5 ltr petrol engine car, 10 years old and I paid £375 last year to "tax" it.

My neighbour has a brand new diesel engine car ( German !! ) that pumps out shitty black fumes and he pays next to nothing for it's "tax".

So unlike doc.fixit, I am complaining.

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

I pay no road tax for my bicycle. But I pay a big chunk for my car. So when I'm driving along in my car, these twats like Stu Peters paying next to nothing for their motorbikes should get the fuck out of my way.

I pay no road tax for my bicycle. But I pay a big chunk for my car. So when I'm driving along in my car, these twats like Stu Peters paying next to nothing for their motorbikes should get the fuck out of my way.

If he still has "Lotty / Lottie" he'll be paying similar to me for it.

If he still has "Lotty / Lottie" he'll be paying similar to me for it.

Obviously I'd pull over and doff my cap if he was in a fancy car.

How can they justify paying no road tax on an electric car, they still use the roads. Trying to say it is to make them more popular so as to tackle pollution is an out right pisstake when we have all these old diesel vans going around pumping out black smoke, yet we dont have an MOT- if they introduced a sniff test on the exhaust i might believe they had enviromental targets but its the usual rubbish spouted from the DOI.

Mine has gone up by £18.00 plus my 110cc scooter has gone up by £10.00, hardly an insignificant rise when the amount of fuel duty and vat is taken out of our high pump price.

They should just rename it Government Pension Funding Tax. In fact, rename everything that. Does anybody know what these proposed increases are as percentages?

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1

They should just rename it Government Pension Funding Tax. In fact, rename everything that.

This is what it is.

My neighbour has a brand new diesel engine car ( German !! ) that pumps out shitty black fumes

You should tell him so he can get it fixed while the vehicle is under warranty.

Just been in touch with the vehicular tax department, they have told me I can still take up as much Road as I want on any of my cycles for free. Result.

There's something in there referring to road tax for visiting vehicles but it's not clear which vehicles it means other than those owned by people not resident on the island?

Does this mean that people who visit should be paying a proportion of the annual road tax for the extent of their visit?