Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Time for the annual road tax hike

Just been in touch with the vehicular tax department, they have told me I can still take up as much Road as I want on any of my cycles for free. Result.

Yeah, just enjoy it while you can.

No point in being a dead hero. Debbie Harry sang " Die young and stay pretty". She didn't mean pretty stupid sweat.gif

Well I saw Blondie a couple of years ago, and Debbie Harry wasn't dead, young or pretty. So I won't be taking her advice if she cannot follow it herself. Could still belt out a tune though. Edited by BeachBoy

Just been in touch with the vehicular tax department, they have told me I can still take up as much Road as I want on any of my cycles for free. Result.

and i can still run you over for free....
For any reason, or just because I cycle, is that not the same as beating someone over the head because they pushed in at the bar or you dislike their colour. Certain types do things like that. Are you that type. :-o Edited by BeachBoy

I just wonder what rises of this sort of magnitude (where applicable) do to the Island's inflation rate. What with MUA lobbing in 6% increases, IoM Post announcing 4.4% increases, to include another 2p on stamps, it must bear on the overall figure. And of course, all this will be noted by the unions when they come with their annual rise demands. It would appear to be a vicious spiral that we have locked ourselves into.

• Like 2

As i had said before they are very selective of which inflation measure is used when it comes to pay rises.

• Like 2

Real inflation is in high single figures at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if it has hit double figures already .

They keep on changing the measurements to reduce the official rate of inflation.

• Like 1

Agreed Mad_manx, the amount of things in the supermarket that are up 25% is nuts. I'm not struggling yet, but I know other doleys who are.

A lot of the recent inflation is linked to fuel prices which have risen both in barrel terms and because sterling has dropped 20% against the dollar. This is having a knock on effect in other prices as they reflect their transportation costs.

Agreed Mad_manx, the amount of things in the supermarket that are up 25% is nuts. I'm not struggling yet, but I know other doleys who are.

Get a job then.

• Like 1

Too much effort bro.

It's too much effort for me to keep paying tax to support your sponging off us all. But we have no say in the matter. You are nothing but a leech. Edited by forestboy

I was forced to have three months off fully paid when I resigned from my previous job. It was a good exercise in making me realise I'm not suited to sitting round doing fuck all.

But the free money I get is literally nothing compared to the waste of the government. Would you rather I was working in an office for the government doing sweet FA and getting a large salary?

Hell, I could be one of these people who runs the road tax department, earning so much so something that doesn't need to be done.

I was forced to have three months off fully paid when I resigned from my previous job. It was a good exercise in making me realise I'm not suited to sitting round doing fuck all.

Is that why you joined this forum?

Tarne, ballpark figure, £k pa. What do you reckon you're getting in benefits? If you don't want to disclose, ok. Genuine question.

• Like 1

Plenty of people work for government and do a great job and a decent days work. It's awful the way every government worker is spoken about like shit on here.

• Like 3