Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Time for the annual road tax hike

I was forced to have three months off fully paid when I resigned from my previous job. It was a good exercise in making me realise I'm not suited to sitting round doing fuck all.

Is that why you joined this forum?

No, I can multitasking though.

Are you glad I joined sossy?

Plenty of people work for government and do a great job and a decent days work. It's awful the way every government worker is spoken about like shit on here.

I've never seen anyone exclusively say bad things about every single one of the 8,500 people who work for government on here. There are, however, more than a number of people who give IOMG or a particular department a bad name.

Edited by hboy

No, I can multitasking though.

Are you glad I joined sossy?

No. I'm indifferent to your presence.

• Like 1

No matter what, this is another interpretation of government savings which forms part of the departmental 'savings' which are not savings because they don't understand what savings are because savings are never made, they just come out of the general public's savings and there are no savings!

• Like 6

Every time I pay my road tax (which by the way, up until not so many years ago was always significantly lower than UK) I note the increased cost and always think of Phil Gawne. Not so much because of extravagant roundabouts and remote roads with the finish of a millionaire's driveway, but I feel he was the man who defended the increases when he was 'in charge'.

Am I being unfair?

• Like 2

I think of the arrogance of Bruce Hannay. And the man who took almost 45 minutes to push an empty wheelbarrow 100 yards up the Ballahutchin, stopping to talk to all his workmates on the way.

• Like 1

I think of the arrogance of Bruce Hannay. And the man who took almost 45 minutes to push an empty wheelbarrow 100 yards up the Ballahutchin, stopping to talk to all his workmates on the way.

I think of the arrogance of all of them.

The whole top layer needs binning off.

You could replace them with cardboard cut outs; at least they would just sit there and do nothing rather than fucking everything they touch up.

You could replace them with cardboard cut outs; at least they would just sit there and do nothing rather than fucking everything they touch up.

Where are these jobs advertised ?ohmy.png

Edited by dilligaf

I have yet to see a justification for this and I hope it gets a hard time in Tynwald. 

Some vehicles in the small engined and popular 1.4Litre classification are £34.00 per annum more expensive than in the UK. (i.e. IoM = £64.00, same vehicle in the UK = £30.00.) This is without doubt a massive revenue animal, directed at the largest motoring group.

There is typical politicians waffle around commercial vehicle owners being slightly better off, alongside Bentley owners!  

Edited by Max Power