Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
forestboy

Manx.net

Seems to be a recurring problem. I've lost email services intermittently over the last few days. I'm guessing the recent upgrade is still having teething troubles?

If I receive an email it automatically deletes itself within 24 hours. Three phone calls to MF, not one call back or explanation or even an apology. MT here to take your money. That is all. 

Yup . . . Appalling service from people who have no idea how to talk to customers, assuming of course that you get to speak to someone. . . . . 45 minutes in a que at the weekend and no answer. Eventually spoke to somebody on Monday who was completely useless. I still have loads of emails missing and what are they doing keeping emails I've deleted ages ago . . . . 

14 hours ago, Batmans Mate said:

what are they doing keeping emails I've deleted ages ago . . . . 

They aren't purposefully doing so in the sense you suggest. It's just that every time it has a stroke and dies, it kills the current data so they have to rebuild it from a backup that was done before you deleted your emails. So they magically come back to life.

Honestly, when you're still using manx.net after all these years of pain when there are plenty of free alternatives out there, surely it's a little bit your fault

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have a Manx.net email address for nostalgia (and junk mail) it was my second thebees mail address, the first being @hotmail.com which is lost and gone for ever due to Microsoft and their menacing. I'm happy enough with it, it's free and easy to use. 

People complaining about "customer service" on a service on which they aren't customers.

i can't believe anyone still uses it, or that MT keep it running for all the cost and hassle it must cause them (wonder how many support calls and password resets they have to field in a year?)

use gmail, it's free, shared calendars, login works on other sites, gdrive, loads of reasons to use it over Manx.net unless you are a to. Hatter who thinks someone at google Hq has nothing better to do than read your email - 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2017 at 7:20 AM, 2bees said:

I have a Manx.net email address for nostalgia (and junk mail) it was my second thebees mail address, the first being @hotmail.com which is lost and gone for ever due to Microsoft and their menacing. I'm happy enough with it, it's free and easy to use. 

On 27/04/2017 at 12:23 AM, Tarne said:

Honestly, when you're still using manx.net after all these years of pain when there are plenty of free alternatives out there, surely it's a little bit your fault

This is a small thread but relevant to t'other thread.

(no criticism to manx.net/MT intended, because I love my gettafayaweebasta@manx.net email, but obviosuly it has it's not unreasonable limitations in the world wide internet age we find ourselves in)