1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

I witnessed zero murders on the drive to work this morning, does this mean there are no murders...I did use my "perceptive senses" after all?

but you didn't spot the pondlife in your car.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All too indicative of the reduction of applied discipline in our society, sadly (IMHO). People's "rights" have taken precedence over basic acceptable behaviour. Unfortunately, too many of the hol

Break it down to brass tacks. The root cause has got to be plain old stupidity and a complete disconnect of parental imagination. Inexperienced and under-sourced kids from broken homes bringing up kid

''The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing''  

Posted Images

Its time the parents were made responsible for the scum they are dragging up. Vandalism is the thin end of the wedge and they will move on to more serious crime. Make the parents pay for any damage instead of the tax payers. Im sure when they cant afford to buy fags and vodka they will start taking an interest in what this excrement is doing. I understand the police and courts are powerless to deal with them but they can deal with the cause of them. Piss poor parenting should be made illegal and they should be stopped from having more kids they cant be bothered to look after. Cut benefits for those who let their mistakes run wild

• Like 3
On Tue May 02 2017 at 2:13 PM, RIchard Britten said:

Threaten - i.e. "Do as I say or I will hurt you"

Children - i.e. Anyone who is not tried as an adult.

The age of criminal responsibility is not the same as legal majority.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

You mean SMUJ "opinions" versus Roger Mexico's facts and verifiable evidence?

I see that anti-smug belting you received as a kid wasn't a waste...

Roger Mexico's "facts" are usually just someone else's "opinions".

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Funny how the prisons are full to bursting then Roger. Crime hasn't decreased, its definition just changes over time. British society, its cohesion and its values are crumbling, whatever your statistics say to the contrary. We're not just talking about recorded crime anyway; it's as much about anti-social behaviour and a changing culture where the threat of crime is much higher, there's greater insecurity and people no longer feel safe in public spaces 

Certainly on the microcosm that is the Isle of Man, it's all about flexibility of demand and the (suitably flexible) interpretation of what a jailable offence is, mixed in with Parkinson's Law. Oh, and the demand, obviously, is that there is a big fuck off prison's existence to justify along with all those staff and support staff.

The place starts getting a wee bit underused, then there is a plethora of ruses to fill it up again. Same as when it's getting beyond capacity. It's just shit when people's lives are being ruined to keep the establishment penal/justice system 'stable'.

4 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Certainly on the microcosm that is the Isle of Man, it's all about flexibility of demand and the (suitably flexible) interpretation of what a jailable offence is, mixed in with Parkinson's Law. Oh, and the demand, obviously, is that there is a big fuck off prison's existence to justify along with all those staff and support staff.

The place starts getting a wee bit underused, then there is a plethora of ruses to fill it up again. Same as when it's getting beyond capacity. It's just shit when people's lives are being ruined to keep the establishment penal/justice system 'stable'.

Bull

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Roger Mexico's "facts" are usually just someone else's "opinions".

Oh that's interesting, I've always enjoyed Roger Mexico's contributions, and he seems to present others' opinions as just that. Can you link some examples where he's presented others' opinions as facts in what I assume (by your insinuation) an underhand way? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chancer said:

The vast majority of children on the island are good kids.  Put your pitchforks away and remember when you were kids. 

Except for the little shits.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Oh that's interesting, I've always enjoyed Roger Mexico's contributions, and he seems to present others' opinions as just that. Can you link some examples where he's presented others' opinions as facts in what I assume (by your insinuation) an underhand way? 

No CBA. Hope that helps.