Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
SuffolkNGoode

Manx Gas Re-Banding Notification

"Notty",

19 minutes ago, notwell said:

Mistakes happen from time to time.  In banks and other businesses.   

We can't do without banks.  I accept that there might be a time an error is made and as long as it gets sorted in good time I can live with it.

In my experience it's usually the shit punters that cause a business the most grief.

They have caused a few businesses grief when they reassess the value of a businesses assets and then ask for repayment of the loan arranged on the business, despite the fact that the business was solvent and trading successfully .

I believe one bank then ripped off some businesses and asset stripped the company . The bank, if memory serves continued to behave in a shabby fashion and only conceded it's corporate error  after it's employees were prosecuted for fraud.

I would agree that "we can't manage without banks" but I wouldn't trust them , I don't have internet/telephone banking and prefer to deal in cash.

Just saying

unit charge and tariffs going up for June.

TT hospitality tent protests anyone?

Prices up then. I can understand that the cost of the gas itself is variable, and can rise and fall (3.5% this time) but what is the justification for once again increasing the STANDING charge (2.2%)?

it will be to maintain  high wages and pensions. i just put a warmer jumper on and änother log on the fire

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

what is the justification for once again increasing the STANDING charge (2.2%)?

The gravy must need topping up. 

• Like 2

And the Gov't still carp on about attracting people and businesses here.

Gas prices, Electricity prices, a myriad of stealth taxes, are all combining to make this Island a not very nice place to live and work.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, asitis said:

Don't panic the OFT will be all over this soon !

19 minutes ago, asitis said:

Don't panic the OFT will be all over this soon !

Ha ha ha.  Roll about the floor laughing.

• Like 3

They really are going to drive people away with crap like this. You can only squeeze so much out of people before it becomes impossible to live here. Everything is going up except wages and eventually something has to give. Get rid of the OFT that will save a lot of money on people who do nothing but scratch their arses all day. And where are our elected representatives?  Have they got nothing to say about this? So much for looking after our interests. I just wish it was cheaper to convert to oil because i wouldn't think twice. 

• Like 1

I wonder how much of this increase is really about how many customers they have lost in the last year?

I'd like to see the volumes of gas used and number of customers year by year. 2000 youngsters leaving, doesn't just affect government tax take, it affects monopolies like this bunch too, and the declining population end up paying far more. Numerous people I know have drastically cut gas usage or moved onto oil this past year. They'll be continually clawing more off less of us if this trend continues.

The seeming H&B business model in pubs.

• Like 1

There will always be a core population that remains here which they can rely on to pay their bills, no matter the level. 

It will become a two tier country with those employed lavishly by the government and those propping the government up. Then the money runs out but the government employees will be sitting pretty.

The worst thing that ever happened to this Island was the great VAT deception.

ps I don't work for the government.

• Like 1

You're just mad because your hangover is wearing off.

2 hours ago, Barlow Strada said:

it will be to maintain  high wages and pensions. i just put a warmer jumper on and more MT brochures and Rates reminders on the fire

Fixed.

• Like 1