Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
SuffolkNGoode

Manx Gas Re-Banding Notification

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Duke said:

Do you people actually realise the costs involved in getting gas through the network to the Island?  You're quite content to sit there sniping from the sidelines but have you any idea what it takes to maintain an energy supply, keep the shareholders happy and maintain an outstanding safety record?

You now have a much improved gas network and a fairer method of billing.

Some people have no comprehension of the logistics of keep a good, safe, fair supply flowing for the Island but are quite happy to rubbish the efforts of good people.

You have no clue.

We are clued up enough to know when we are being ripped off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gettafa said:

It will become a two tier country with those employed lavishly by the government and those propping the government up. Then the money runs out but the government employees will be sitting pretty.

The worst thing that ever happened to this Island was the great VAT deception.

 

ps I don't work for the government.

The Island already has a two tier economy:

Top level - those in the private sector in eGaming/legal/accounting/banking, upper echelons of the Manx CS (including Tynwald), and

Other level - everyone else, whose income is largely fixed (pensioners) or subject to market forces and without the disposable income of the above.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Okay smart ass !! So could you oh wise one tell me how on £118 a week due to illness and needing benefits  I can afford to heat my flat and maintain food on my plate etc ,pay my rates and all the other necessities !! No didn't think so ! Last winter was the third !! yes 3rd winter I have gone through and endured with no gas heating as couldn't afford to use it ! Incidentally before you say any smart comment I also have stopped my land line ,Sky subscription and anything else possible to do with out just to survive !! And then they penalize me further by upping the standing charge for something I don't use except for cooking rarely. 

You clearly are the one with no clue what's so ever .. And as for good people !! Is this the share holders and bosses making massive profits from this organization !! 

you should be able to get coal money or just run the gas anyway and pay off at £1 a week....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

you should be able to get coal money or just run the gas anyway and pay off at £1 a week....

That's not honest though is it as it has to paid someday and my situation isn't going to change due to type of illness. It just annoys me that people make inane comments when they are the ones who haven't a clue about what people are having to put up with.. there's far worse than me out there for sure !! Also I'm 63 now and have paid in for over 45 years so is it not resonable to expect some form of understanding and more help than is available through Government when people struggle with circumstances .. OFT !!! What exactly do they do to help or fight there corner with these organizations !! at a cost of 1 million a year !! 

Edited by Numbnuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duke said:

Do you people actually realise the costs involved in getting gas through the network to the Island?  You're quite content to sit there sniping from the sidelines but have you any idea what it takes to maintain an energy supply, keep the shareholders happy and maintain an outstanding safety record?

You now have a much improved gas network and a fairer method of billing.

Some people have no comprehension of the logistics of keep a good, safe, fair supply flowing for the Island but are quite happy to rubbish the efforts of good people.

You have no clue.

Here endeth the sermon from the rev Tony Nicholls.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duke said:

Do you people actually realise the costs involved in getting gas through the network to the Island?  You're quite content to sit there sniping from the sidelines but have you any idea what it takes to maintain an energy supply, keep the shareholders happy and maintain an outstanding safety record?

You now have a much improved gas network and a fairer method of billing.

Some people have no comprehension of the logistics of keep a good, safe, fair supply flowing for the Island but are quite happy to rubbish the efforts of good people.

You have no clue.

Does turning the gas through 90 degrees off Kirk Michael really treble it's price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duke said:

Do you people actually realise the costs involved in getting gas through the network to the Island?  You're quite content to sit there sniping from the sidelines but have you any idea what it takes to maintain an energy supply, keep the shareholders happy and maintain an outstanding safety record?

You now have a much improved gas network and a fairer method of billing.

Some people have no comprehension of the logistics of keep a good, safe, fair supply flowing for the Island but are quite happy to rubbish the efforts of good people.

You have no clue.

So basically it is not cost effective to be using gas then?   I dont care what manx gas needs to charge to stay in business, the fact is it is a very expensive option compared to oil.  The real question is what envelopes were given out for government and dandara to  be fitting gas boilers??  Rumour has it the gas board give the boilers away to certain entities to capture themselves customers.   The sad part as already mentioned is that the people who are stuck on gas due to being in public sector housing  cant actually move off it. I think all gas customers should ask to be disconnected and move to electric and manx ( steal from the captive customers  ) gas can go fuck themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my company was guaranteed 10% profits, there would be little incentive to rationalise, make management perform better, nor increase productivity and performance. In cash terms, 10% profit in an inefficient company is a lot higher than 10% in a comparable but leaner one.

Cost +10% would suit me very well thanks.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If my company was guaranteed 10% profits, there would be little incentive to rationalise, make management perform better, nor increase productivity and performance. In cash terms, 10% profit in an inefficient company is a lot higher than 10% in a comparable but leaner one.

Cost +10% would suit me very well thanks.

Yes agree and also very hard to monitor any abuse !! But of course MG accountants wouldn't be doing that would they !!! And as for the TT jolly that of course will be allowable and they still get there 10% net win win !! 

Edited by Numbnuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WTF said:

So basically it is not cost effective to be using gas then?   I dont care what manx gas needs to charge to stay in business, the fact is it is a very expensive option compared to oil.  The real question is what envelopes were given out for government and dandara to  be fitting gas boilers??  Rumour has it the gas board give the boilers away to certain entities to capture themselves customers.   The sad part as already mentioned is that the people who are stuck on gas due to being in public sector housing  cant actually move off it. I think all gas customers should ask to be disconnected and move to electric and manx ( steal from the captive customers  ) gas can go fuck themselves.

I hope you have evidence to back up that assertion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes  oil is definitely cheaper than gas to use .no other  assertions,  just questions and rumours.   I wonder how many gas employees actually use oil fired heating?  Is there a special discount for employees so they can claim that gas costs them less than oil to use ?  

 

Perhaps you could explain the logic to fitting the most expensive to run heating option in public sector housing?

Edited by WTF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 when did a cap on profit become a target for profit?

 

all the OFT agreement has done  for us is give this company a green light to hit a target.  They could choose to have a lower profit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

 when did a cap on profit become a target for profit?

 

all the OFT agreement has done  for us is give this company a green light to hit a target.  They could choose to have a lower profit.

 

 

yes,  but then the shareholders wouldn't be happy.  the OFT lacky keeps mentioning the new prices are within the limits of the contract, but never mentions how absurd and bad for the consumer that contract is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gas is probably installed in new builds and public sector housing as it's much cheaper to do so. Oil boiler is far dearer than gas and add in pumps ,fuel lines and a oil tank it's far dearer to install...after that nobodies bothered apart from the poor tenants or owners when they get there gas bill..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just moved house.  I thought the new place was Oil for some reason but it's Gas.:blink:  And quite a bit bigger.

Anyway, I was on Band F on the old house.  I called up to sort a couple of things out and at the same time enquired about the banding for the new house.  It is band G, which I was partly expecting really.

The chap (without any prompting from me) offered to consult a colleague with a view to reviewing the banding to see if it could be brought down.  Called me back 20 minutes later and they've moved it down to band F.

I just thought i'd share it because whilst I'm far from happy with the current situation I thought it only fair to mention what was a positive experience.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...