Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
SuffolkNGoode

Manx Gas Re-Banding Notification

2 hours ago, notwell said:

I've just moved house.  I thought the new place was Oil for some reason but it's Gas.:blink:  And quite a bit bigger.

Anyway, I was on Band F on the old house.  I called up to sort a couple of things out and at the same time enquired about the banding for the new house.  It is band G, which I was partly expecting really.

The chap (without any prompting from me) offered to consult a colleague with a view to reviewing the banding to see if it could be brought down.  Called me back 20 minutes later and they've moved it down to band F.

I just thought i'd share it because whilst I'm far from happy with the current situation I thought it only fair to mention what was a positive experience.:D

I can suggest a plumber to convert you over to the much cheaper to run oil.  if it is a gas combi boiler there is a very good chance that an oil combi boiler would put out more litres per minute at a cheaper cost so you can have  good shower pressure rather than mediocre.  an outside installation makes for a quieter house too and could be easier to install.

Manx Gas are absolute criminals, undoubtedly the most hated company on the island

We are being utterly creamed by them, and the OFT do absolutely nothing to help.  The OFT seem totally corrupt imo.

Butm but...but.... their profit is capped to 10%.

All income can be spent on everything, wages, pensions, new vans, more wages, more pensions, etc. Just keep that actual profit down below 10%

So 9.99% is the happy target. Keeps the OFT and the politicians happy. And David Quirk ex-MHK of course (no Manx Gas thread is complete without mentioning David 'taxi for' Quirk)

Get rid of Quirkio, and replace him with someone equally incompetent !! smart move ? the man who needs to go is the chief executive officer who has made a total bollocks of every job he has had, will it happen? will it fook.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Butm but...but.... their profit is capped to 10%.

All income can be spent on everything, wages, pensions, new vans, more wages, more pensions, etc. Just keep that actual profit down below 10%

So 9.99% is the happy target. Keeps the OFT and the politicians happy. And David Quirk ex-MHK of course (no Manx Gas thread is complete without mentioning David 'taxi for' Quirk)

and sponsorship !!!

I  don't have gas, I support road racing and have mates who ride outfits but I think that a Gov owned monopoly sponsoring anything is a scandal.

The only benefit is for some of the higher management and MHK's to "give it large" while they enjoy a corporate "beano".... 

Just  saying

• Like 1

It doesn't have a monopoly though.

You have electric and oil as competition. 

21 minutes ago, notwell said:

As a gas provider they are a monopoly.

Bloody hell Notwell, are you crackers?

They are the only gas supplier in the IOM.  That makes them the very definition of a monopoly!

I can tell you seem suspiciously pleased with MG, but they are total crooks.  Just because they moved you from an utterly ludicrous band g  to an almost equally ludicrous band f, you seem to think you've received outstanding customer service and seem rather chuffed!

Edited by somewhatdamaged
  • Like 2

I like my gas boiler never lets me down ,no tank no smeĺl,and reasonable prices.

28 minutes ago, somewhatdamaged said:

Bloody hell Notwell, are you crackers?

They are the only gas supplier in the IOM.  That makes them the very definition of a monopoly!

I can tell you seem suspiciously pleased with MG, but they are total crooks.  Just because they moved you from an utterly ludicrous band g  to an almost equally ludicrous band f, you seem to think you've received outstanding customer service and seem rather chuffed!

They have a gas monopoly of course but there are other heating options.  That is all I said.  

I've also previously said I'm far from happy essentially supporting their shit customers because I'm one of their best.  The standing charge shafts me more than most. That's before you get to actual price of the rip off gas.

All I pointed out was their being proactive in reviewing the banding.  I don't see what is suspicious other than perhaps some inbuilt sense of paranoia you might have.

They could have done nothing and left it.

1 hour ago, notwell said:

It's the islands only mains gas supplier.

What is your definition of a monopoly? 

Thats like saying British Rail never had a monopoly as you could have bought a car.

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 3

Flats can't have oil central heating. Electric is the only alternative and the gas board will be only too quick to tell you the cost per calorie of electric compared to gas.

paswt makes a good point about sponsorship. wtf are they doing sponsoring anything other than to blow the customers money and give their staff a bit of a party. I bet the fucking Christmas party is a cracker. (When I was working for the Water Authority the party was a beaut, free booze all night...thank you).

Edited by gettafa

2 hours ago, notwell said:

You're confused. They do have a monopoly.

• Like 1

Don't forget Notwell has delighted us for the last few weeks how his new house is oil. Only to find out when he's moved in, it's gas. How can anyone this stupid be taken seriously on this forum. 

Just confirms everybody's suspicion you are a government worker. Thick as fuck. 

• Like 1