Douglas town square to be hidden from view

I read that hoardings are to be erected around the 'town square' in Douglas
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=33529&headline=Notorious%20grot%20spot%20could%20get%20a%20welcome%20facelift&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

Maybe a simple Russian village theme could be adopted as most appropriate ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just parked round there Douglas Council and the Government need to get their shit together.   It looks absolutely dreadful. It isn't going to be developed.  So get the whole site opened up

When will our people get the message, Douglas is a bomb site! Both ends of our promenade are a disgrace to the island!

I agree, to a point. Douglas looks gorgeous from Douglas Head, Onchan Head etc but the eyesores are difficult to ignore. You would think we had been bombed in WW2 and Lord Street, the Villiers site an

What a bunch of idiots rule over us. Look, there's no need to erect a new Berlin Wall to hide the complete fuck up of a disaster you've made in the town centre. Just FIX the town centre. Admit you fucked up. Big time. A wall is not necessary.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Frances said:

The depressing thought is that none of those who are responsible for this mess will have got that joke.

To be fair to those suggesting this, it seems to be a genuine attempt to brighten things up, rather than just conceal the desolation.  But the fact that those responsible haven't even attempted to try such cosmetic quick fixes in the last 20 plus year (never mind actually putting things right) shows just how little the care for the Island they are always proclaiming their devotion to.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Frances said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=33529&headline=Notorious grot spot could get a welcome facelift§ionIs=news&searchyear=2017

Whilst they are at it they could build a Trump style wall around most of Douglas to shield the mess from potential tourists and investors. 

55 minutes ago, JackCarter said:

Whilst they are at it they could build a Trump style wall around most of Douglas to shield the mess from potential tourists and investors. 

It would be a whole lot better if they just built a wall around you...:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, llap said:

AXA changed their name to Utmost or Upmost not long ago.

Yeah, saw that on their building the other week. I think somewhere in their blurb they still refer to AXA though

It's a pretty shit new name if they want my opinion. 

Why don't Douglas Corporation just build one great big wall around the whole town Of Douglas so the rest of us don't have to look at it.