New Peel Bus Routes...

SJR

1 hour ago, Declan said:

In fact, I think the whole industry is immoral and corrupt and  profits from human misery. 

Please don't imply I have anything to do those sleaze bags. 

Ahhhhh, thanks :) Yesterday someone pointed out that the rain was making the trees look beautiful and the rivers run fast so the miserable weather wasn't so bad and today you've said this, people are often great.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Declan said:

SJR - I don't know who you think I am but I don't and have never worked for an online gambling site. I've never even placed a bet online. 

In fact, I think the whole industry is immoral and corrupt and  profits from human misery. 

Please don't imply I have anything to do those sleaze bags. 

There is no more human misery in the gaming industry than there is in many walks of life.   I've no doubt there is plenty of hunan misery going in to making the clothes you sit in.

Most people really enjoy gambling - win or lose.

People do get addicted to gambling. As they do to alcohol, food, drugs, video games, cigs etc.   

3 hours ago, Barlow Strada said:

gamblers enjoy losing? uh uh,doubt it

Well you need to put it in to context.

If people hated losing so much there simply wouldn't be a gamling industry.   A lot of people who gamble enjoy it as a recreational aspect.   It's often quite enjoyable to them.  Some they win, more they lose.

1 hour ago, notwell said:

Well you need to put it in to context.

If people hated losing so much there simply wouldn't be a gamling industry.   A lot of people who gamble enjoy it as a recreational aspect.   It's often quite enjoyable to them.  Some they win, more they lose.

Not convinced. "If people hated addiction so much there wouldn't be a drugs industry." No. Doesn't work.

• Like 1

"Notty"   

Depends on your definition of "Addiction". I had a couple of mates who were IMO 'addicted' but they weren't so addicted to blow the housekeeping/ rent , they just gambled all their 'surplus cash' . 

I remember saying that I thought it was a tax on the gullible and was inherently 'bent' and the response was "You've got to be in it to win it". 

To be fair I've been with a couple who cleared a few grand at Ascot when they believed they were on a "winning streak" but overall they  'lost' 

Just saying:flowers:

39 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Problem gamblers are addicted to losing. Losing is what releases their endorphins. The gambling industry is well aware of this fact

Well they sure won't let you get addicted to winning. They'll shut your account before it becomes a problem.

• Like 1