Jump to content

St George's Ward Election 1st June & other stuff.


thebees
 Share

Recommended Posts

I mentioned this on the drink driving thread but.. whoosh tumble weed. Has anyone got anything to say about any of the candidates or the election? Does anyone even care about the council any more, (except for the councillors)? What happened to reducing the number of councillors? They do less and cost more, this is not how it's supposed to be. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Manx Radio 2nd of June News Report:

As demonstrated by the amazingly high turn out of well under 30% of registered voters, well into the hundreds, it shows that people in the area care deeply about these important and useful positions in society that grant great boons and aren't completely pointless at all. 
 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is not quite the adult discussion I had in mind but it's better than nothing so, thank you Tarne. 

David Christian was Mayor when he was 10 and has been on the council ever since, is it true that he is 'BFF's' with the green keeper at the Pulrose golf and that he's on more than the green keeper at St Andrews? Straight up, I have heard this, is it true, who would you ask? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was actually semi adult, I went and checked out the last election for that ward and it was saying pretty much the exact same thing as I wrote. 

And I have no idea, put in a Freedom of Information request?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thebees said:

Is not quite the adult discussion I had in mind but it's better than nothing so, thank you Tarne. 

David Christian was Mayor when he was 10 and has been on the council ever since, is it true that he is 'BFF's' with the green keeper at the Pulrose golf and that he's on more than the green keeper at St Andrews? Straight up, I have heard this, is it true, who would you ask? 

I live in this Ward. It's cold and it's raining plus I really couldn't care less. If it's a choice on the night of watching Corrie or going down to vote I'll probably watch Corrie. I have heard similar rumours about a perchant for Groundskeeper Willy thebees. It doesn't bother me though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Douglas suffers a chronic case of apathy :( bad times. No wonder there is so much skulduggery going on with attitudes like that Mediastar, you are part of the problem (personally) pfft. You're right though, no one cares about any of it, it's not just about DC and Willy, or Bad Santa and his CCTV, or "insert any serving members name" Do you know who I am mentality, it's tragic really, poor Douglas. I have just had the greatest idea... We can move :) happy days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, thebees said:

Douglas suffers a chronic case of apathy :( bad times. No wonder there is so much skulduggery going on with attitudes like that Mediastar, you are part of the problem (personally) pfft. You're right though, no one cares about any of it, it's not just about DC and Willy, or Bad Santa and his CCTV, or "insert any serving members name" Do you know who I am mentality, it's tragic really, poor Douglas. I have just had the greatest idea... We can move :) happy days. 

As proven by the census figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, thebees said:

Douglas suffers a chronic case of apathy :( bad times. No wonder there is so much skulduggery going on with attitudes like that Mediastar, you are part of the problem (personally) pfft. You're right though, no one cares about any of it, it's not just about DC and Willy, or Bad Santa and his CCTV, or "insert any serving members name" Do you know who I am mentality, it's tragic really, poor Douglas. I have just had the greatest idea... We can move :) happy days. 

If someone has a perchant for groundskeepers willies it doesn't really bother me thebees. I don't view that as bad or questionable behaviour. But I totally get what you say about many of the others. I don't care as genuinely I could vote for my granddaughter's tortoise and it would probably provide a better long term solution for the people of Douglas. Most of them are shysters who can't hold down proper jobs. As evidenced by the reason why this seat is now up. Vacated in less than a year by an alcoholic disaster who is now in prison. No need to say no more really is there? 

Edited by MediaStar
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, thebees said:

Is not quite the adult discussion I had in mind but it's better than nothing so, thank you Tarne. 

David Christian was Mayor when he was 10 and has been on the council ever since, is it true that he is 'BFF's' with the green keeper at the Pulrose golf and that he's on more than the green keeper at St Andrews? Straight up, I have heard this, is it true, who would you ask? 

I think you've a few things mixed up there. It wasn't the mayor who was 10 it was someone else, but a bit older than 10 to be fair. It all got swept under the carpet anyway.

Edited by gettafa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MediaStar said:

If someone has a perchant for groundskeepers willies it doesn't really bother me thebees. I don't view that as bad or questionable behaviour. But I totally get what you say about many of the others. I don't care as genuinely I could vote for my granddaughter's tortoise and it would probably provide a better long term solution for the people of Douglas. Most of them are shysters who can't hold down proper jobs. As evidenced by the reason why this seat is now up. Vacated in less than a year by an alcoholic disaster who is now in prison. No need to say no more really is there? 

No no no you're misinterpreting me, I didn't say grounds keepers willies, I said BFF's with the green keeper and something about wages and St Andrew's but that aside. I really like the rest of your post - once again, you're right.

My BFF has been telling me to listen to Emancipator for years (possibly 5 or 100) and I've just started, it's like The Egg all over again but better :) If you don't vote, that's OK, listen to Emancipator instead, just the greatest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have nothing against shirtlifters, as long as they keep themselves to themselves. Sadly that is not the case, so I have been reliably informed!

On 2017-5-15 at 9:31 PM, thebees said:

David Christian was Mayor when he was 10 and has been on the council ever since, is it true that he is 'BFF's' with the green keeper at the Pulrose golf and that he's on more than the green keeper at St Andrews? Straight up, I have heard this, is it true, who would you ask? 

I'm saying nothing ;)

On 2017-5-15 at 10:04 PM, MediaStar said:

If someone has a perchant for groundskeepers willies it doesn't really bother me thebees.

Didn't know Mr Christian even played golf. I wonder if he has ever had a hole in one? :whistling:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're apathetic what better than coming on a political forum and sharing your opinions and apathy in a serious discussion!!!

MStar, would you vote if you could do so 'online'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Kopek said:

If you're apathetic what better than coming on a political forum and sharing your opinions and apathy in a serious discussion!!!

MStar, would you vote if you could do so 'online'?

That's a good question Kopek. No wouldn't to be honest. I'm a firm believer that voting only encourages such abysmal candidates in the first place. That useless Ashford person did a few years on there a few year ago and now he's an MHK. The same with Bill Malarkey, and that Karen Angela stood for Keys last time too. There's also the alcoholic now in prison who has left this seat open. They're just awful and then getting in convinces them that a career in politics awaits. I'd rather just vote for nobody than some of the worse candidates for political office known to man. I don't know what it is about Douglas and awful council candidates. 

Edited by MediaStar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...