Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics please. We will try and merge the locked topics as relevant. Topics are UK, IoM, TT & Sports and Tips & Questions about isolation and home working ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thebees

St George's Ward Election 1st June & other stuff.

3 minutes ago, twinkle said:

WHERE is the mayors fucking chain?.

Given to Uncle?

17 hours ago, thebees said:

Yes, there are four. I might be biased but I thought Charlton's manifesto was different, but the council don't really do much. What else is there to talk about other than, cleansing, gardens and fairy lights? 

Contracts, who's turn is it to get them this year? All sorts of mundane stuff like that I'd think?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, twinkle said:

WHERE is the mayors fucking chain?.

The missing chain was the Mayoress's chain, it's been replaced now, nothing to see here, move along. 

Homarus, I thought the contracts were sorted out by the executive committee (or whatever the all powerful gang call themselves). Normal councillors don't get to make decisions like that. 

Edited by thebees
  • Like 1

I think if I was paying Douglas rates, I'd be wanting to know why they're spending my money on improving Braddan. Came past the corpy gardeners today working hard, planting up the Fort North Round a bout to say with flowers the word "Douglas". Wonder if they know it's actually Braddan.

5 minutes ago, sarahc said:

Helen Callow is in. The Establishment's choice. 

Says it all really. I was hoping Charleton and the Wheelies got it. I would have thought he'd be good in thwarting Fenella the Kettle Witch in the Mayors Chambers. 

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Burt said:

I think if I was paying Douglas rates, I'd be wanting to know why they're spending my money on improving Braddan. Came past the corpy gardeners today working hard, planting up the Fort North Round a bout to say with flowers the word "Douglas". Wonder if they know it's actually Braddan.

It may be because the civil boundary goes down the middle of Cooil Road from just by Curry's PC world straight across the middle of the roundabout and down the middle of the road past Kewaigue School

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It may be because the civil boundary goes down the middle of Cooil Road from just by Curry's PC world straight across the middle of the roundabout and down the middle of the road past Kewaigue School

Not according to the gov mapping John.

map.PNG

To be fair on that map thats where "Douglas" starts so it's a fitting welcome. 

Edited by JackCarter

You think for the apportionment of rates that a much more accurate map would exist eh?