Just been along the new roundabout at Cooil rd why the hell do they think we need the type of round a bout you get when you come off the motorway onto the duel carrige way. Is it because they are using some dodgy C.A.D. they bought totaly overpriced and not including alternatives for B roads which is all that really exist on the island. All that was needed slight road widening and a white spot of paint on the floor. You know the kind that work just as well if not better than the monstroseties we are being inflicted with. Its following best practise they say, what about QB then what about Bradden Bridge. The most used round a bouts on the island no where near the size.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Just been along the new roundabout at Cooil rd why the hell do they think we need the type of round a bout you get when you come off the motorway onto the duel carrige way. Is it because they are using some dodgy C.A.D. they bought totaly overpriced and not including alternatives for B roads which is all that really exist on the island. All that was needed slight road widening and a white spot of paint on the floor. You know the kind that work just as well if not better than the monstroseties we are being inflicted with. Its following best practise they say, what about QB then what about Bradden Bridge. The most used round a bouts on the island no where near the size.

Well they are expecting about 10,000 car's a day up at Jackson's looking to buy a new car.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Quarterbridge you say?

qb1.GIF

I remember this one, They had to move all of the garages into a kind of gasoline ally so you could fill up before entering just so to sure of making it to an exit.

I think it was the first outing for the new C.A.D tool they had purchased . It was never stated how much money was wasted on this with design fee's purchasing of different plots of land.  Heron and Brearley came out well ahead sell up and pay nominal rent for 20/30 years nice little earner

1 minute ago, WTF said:

big roundabouts are easier for HGV's and there are quite a few in and out of that estate that end.   should make wednesdays easier too.

I doubt it, the oldies will be sat at each entrance waiting for someone to make a move

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

I doubt it, the oldies will be sat at each entrance waiting for someone to make a move

only having to give way to the right should double your chances of getting out, it will also slow down the speedy fuckers who don't know what 30 is

• Like 3
Just now, WTF said:

only having to give way to the right should double your chances of getting out, it will also slow down the speedy fuckers who don't know what 30 is

I doubt it, have you seen them on Governers Bridge roundabout and the QB roundabout?

you should give way to vehiĉles from the right who are on the roundbout. on the above named and others, some people think théy have right of way even when théy re approaching the roundabout. i used þo go by the highway ĉode in this respect but it is as if we on thé ißland lots of people don't go by that

1 hour ago, Tempus Fugit said:

perhaps that's the plan, make the roundabout big enough so every entry just sees a T-junction !

I've just heard Malarkey on the radio. Christ knows what his "radical" approach to re-engineer road safety on the IOM will be but I think we should all be very afraid indeed. Clusterfuck city! 

• Like 5