Complaint about bank front page news?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on guys have sympathy. He missed out on front row seats for the joshua klitchko fight and had to settle for lesser seats. I am just amazed geldof and bono haven't set up a fundraiser for him foll

Spot on . I had cards rejected from RBS in Australia  ,prior to going I took the trouble to call in and speak to my "personal banker" , gave details of all my travel arrangements etc etc . I was advis

It certainly reeks of entitlement doesn't it?  You can practically hear the cries of "Do you know who I am?".   As this thread has shown it's hardly an unknown thing to occur, but you can't help think

Posted Images

Better than the Examiners

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=33645&headline=Tuesday is news day%3A Shock verdict about safety of lorries on Manx roads&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

I'd have been more impressed had the story been about how they had resolved this problem

Haven't read full story, only the screen cap, but sounds like something and nothing.

Sounds like, whilst abroad, he couldn't get his card to be accepted for online transaction(s), probably reasonable fraud prevention.

It does say "credit or debit card services" in the article. IOM Bank does not provide credit cards, only introductions to NatWest UK, so if a credit card didn't work that would have nothing to do with IOM Bank. Debit card services are probably reasonably covered by their T&Cs.

Without the full story (I'm not buying a paper) don't know why the paper has covered this (for a mate?). The customer should complain to the Bank and then the Ombudsman, who would find in his favour or against.

I suspect the front page news story should be that IOM Post Office may be run by someone who actually expects banks to willy nilly make payments without carrying out or holding full due diligence as required of all banks by the FSA. He'd soon be blaming the bank if a payment was pushed through and it wasn't properly authorised. I suspect the front page story should also mention that IOM Newspapers may be similarly ill-informed. 

Edited by llap
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, llap said:

I suspect the front page news story should be that IOM Post Office may be run by someone who actually expects banks to willy nilly make payments without carrying out or holding full due diligence as required of all banks by the FSA. He'd soon be blaming the bank if a payment was pushed through and it wasn't properly authorised. I suspect the front page story should also mention that IOM Newspapers may be similarly ill-informed. 

You may be right , but on the other hand he may have notified the bank of his travel arrangements and was assured that his cards would be accepted for the duration of his stay .

It is bit embarrassing  when a card is rejected, as the assumption of the hotelier/shop owner is that you don't have the funds to settle your bill.

Just saying:flowers:

How amusing and totally coincidental that only last week an MHK was calling for the post office to provide banking services. Lol now a week later they slagging off the island's no 1 current account holding bank.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, paswt said:

You may be right , but on the other hand he may have notified the bank of his travel arrangements and was assured that his cards would be accepted for the duration of his stay .

It is bit embarrassing  when a card is rejected, as the assumption of the hotelier/shop owner is that you don't have the funds to settle your bill.

Just saying:flowers:

Actually, the hotelier, probably doesn't make that assumption, he probably thinks you've been held up by anti-fraud processes like the ten other guests that day. 

Doesn't stop you thinking that's what he's thinking and being embarrassed though. 

• Like 1