TT price rise

vikingdoom

La Piazza have put a picture of their 'TT Menu' on Facebook this evening which begins Saturday evening

It's a cut down version of their normal menu with another £1 - £3 on the normal prices for every single item :rolleyes: Dreadful

A margharita pizza tonight would've been £7.95... same pizza on the 'TT Menu' is £9.50. Joke.

10 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

La Piazza have put a picture of their 'TT Menu' on Facebook this evening which begins Saturday evening

It's a cut down version of their normal menu with another £1 - £3 on the normal prices for every single item :rolleyes: Dreadful

A margharita pizza tonight would've been £7.95... same pizza on the 'TT Menu' is £9.50. Joke.

Another place not to go to again then.

14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I'm sure you meant well, but if I was on the board of H&B, I would be sending you John Wright's phone number. 

We are in a free country and the brewery is a dreadful low rent rip off organisation. It doesn't really matter how many largely minimum wage employees it has. The whole experience is generally dreadful and their prices are a rip off. 

• Like 1

On 27/05/2017 at 1:24 AM, swoopy2110 said:

We ignore the TT menu and just order what we normally have. 

The day the pubs died even more is now here, a flat pint of okells will set you back some £3-19 a pint, from dinnertime today, which will not go down well with our TT visitors, but we as locals are being stuck with these prices all year round.

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Ooh, where is this?

I've only ever had them at the beer festivals. I keep meaning to track them down. 

There is a Facebook site but Vicky (Betty's) is by the exit lane (for the racers) prior to them getting to the grandstand. I know they will be open from Monday, cos I asked:flowers:

Edited by paswt
typo
  • Like 1

Government needs to end the brewery's monopoly by opening up the trade to create more free houses Making a template for new pubs to be built/converted if they is a good business case put forward by individuals who have a different mindset of how to get people into there establishments also looking after there beer. There are some very good free houses selling good beer on the iom making a decent living also they could join together and get a better price of the brewery if not just import guest beers.

I would never drink okells in any pub other than a free house as it becomes a undrinkable waste of money anywhere else.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, paswt said:

There is a Facebook site but Vicky (Betty's) is by the exit lane (for the racers) prior to them getting to the grandstand. I know they will be open from Monday, cos I asked:flowers:

Just seen on Facebook  that Betty's are selling pies from Wednesday :flowers:

1 hour ago, GreyWolf said:

Government needs to end the brewery's monopoly by opening up the trade to create more free houses Making a template for new pubs to be built/converted if they is a good business case put forward by individuals who have a different mindset of how to get people into there establishments also looking after there beer. There are some very good free houses selling good beer on the iom making a decent living also they could join together and get a better price of the brewery if not just import guest beers.

I would never drink okells in any pub other than a free house as it becomes a undrinkable waste of money anywhere else.

I don't think it's government's place to get involved in this case, there are alternatives to H&B's, they may be the largest but they don't have a monopoly. It's entirely up to them if they want to destroy their business or alternatively try and improve it.