Moderation - Forum Rules

In recent weeks I have put 8 people on ignore.

Can we possibly have a month where moderators actually collectively tighten up on applying and enforcing the forum rules...against trolling, responding with rubbish in classified ads, ruining information threads etc.?

Please.

• Like 2
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you've got 8 people on ignore that probably says more about your own personal problems than anything else Albert.   And for Tarne of spaztard fame to complain about the content from other

I meant just abiding by the terms and conditions. Those basic rules of etiquette...listed in the T&Cs. e.g. • Keep within topic, if in doubt as to relevance start a new topic.• Do not fl

I can. Shut up Albert. 

If you've got 8 people on ignore that probably says more about your own personal problems than anything else Albert.

And for Tarne of spaztard fame to complain about the content from other posters, hahaha. Classic.

• Like 7
40 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Can we possibly have a month where moderators actually collectively tighten up on applying and enforcing the forum rules...against trolling, responding with rubbish in classified ads, ruining information threads etc.?

Please.

I think the best ever from you was the interpretation of the email by the bloke from africa house, about the file in the cake, that was a pure classic !!

We've explained this time and again Albert, and you know the answer.

Moderation is not proactive, there is no pre moderation, the moderators do not comb through posts and moderate. The moderating team are not common law editors and don't do anything that might change that.

Under the international treaties and EU directives and U.K. and IOM legislation covering electronic communications and transactions the owners administrators and moderators are exempted from liability for content as long as they react speedily to reports.

If you don't like something then you can report, it will be set invisible temporarily, discussed and a collegiate decision taken. However the moderators are not taste police and time wasting reports are not something that is encouraged.

There are remarkably few reports, and despite what some posters claim, virtually no deletions, warnings, suspensions or bans. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Please.

You couldn't make this up.  Someone with over 25000 posts (largely late night ale fuelled gibberish ) has eight people.on ignore and then complains about it.

Teapot has it spot on.

Not really.  But I am not putting myself on the line for some idiots on here. Nor would the other mods, why should we?  

There is discussion of reports amongst the mods and a decision is made.

Nothing more to be said. 

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Please.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61106-driver-makes-one-way-tt-error/&page=4

• Like 1