Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
vikingdoom

Very worrying

Saw the following on facebook and think there is reason for concern. Im all for freindly policing but should they be checking things like this. When bushy's closes where do all the bikes go? Are they pushing them back to the campsites? 

I was on today's 8.30pm STEAM RACKET sailing from Liverpool to the Isle of Man. Once I boarded I was shocked by the amount of bikers purchasing beer and other alcoholic beverages. As a concerned resident I brought this to the attention of the bar staff. Where they bluntly replied it's not their responsibility. I then asked another member of staff about the drinking where I was told ' It's what bikers do, it's what the Isle Of Man TT is all about.. drinking and riding ' - People wonder why there's so many deaths on our roads during the TT period. 

STEAM RACKET - MONEY OVER MORALS.

Something has to be done .

Sounds like a right killjoy. The bar staff have no idea who is riding, who is pillion, or who is in the back of a van. Same as any sailing it's not their job to police it. The police often breathelize straight off the gangplank at TT. Sounds like a miserable shit stirring twat to me. Probably a bible basher to end a FB post like that too. 

Edited by hboy
  • Like 6

I've often wondered how many bikers are riding around after a few beers. Everyday you'll see bikes parked up outside pubs and people outside with a beer in hand, yet have you ever heard of a biker being convicted of being over the limit?

Of the deaths that occur not one of them that I can remember has ever been attributed to alcohol. Most of the time the inquest is months later when everybody has forgotten about it and nothing is ever published. 

• Like 1

when he was a drunk kid the guy probably tried to pick a fight with some bikers and made a bit of a fool of himself. i've seén it happen a few times. now he is shôwing a perverse resentent to all bikers. that ßort of thing anywäy

• Like 1

As someone said the people might be in vans might be passengers on bikes or the rider might have one. Their bikes are their pride and joy they pay a small fortune getting here why risk getting lifted for drink driving or binning their bike? 

• Like 1

This is the Brewery's biggest fortnight. Nobody's going to stop or discourage bikers from drinking beer. Think about it, and remember where you are.

Edited by Shake me up Judy

8 hours ago, vikingdoom said:

Saw the following on facebook and think there is reason for concern. Im all for freindly policing but should they be checking things like this. When bushy's closes where do all the bikes go? Are they pushing them back to the campsites? 

I was on today's 8.30pm STEAM RACKET sailing from Liverpool to the Isle of Man. Once I boarded I was shocked by the amount of bikers purchasing beer and other alcoholic beverages. As a concerned resident I brought this to the attention of the bar staff. Where they bluntly replied it's not their responsibility. I then asked another member of staff about the drinking where I was told ' It's what bikers do, it's what the Isle Of Man TT is all about.. drinking and riding ' - People wonder why there's so many deaths on our roads during the TT period. 

I couldn't agree more. 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

As someone said the people might be in vans might be passengers on bikes or the rider might have one. Their bikes are their pride and joy they pay a small fortune getting here why risk getting lifted for drink driving or binning their bike

Wouldn't do to have a motorcycle involved in any crashes now would it :rolleyes:

The T.T. is business for the IOM and the drinking and driving / riding message is quietly toned down. It certainly doesn't seem to play much part in any of the safety campaigns. Go figure...

9 hours ago, vikingdoom said:

Unless the courts are deliberately doctoring coroners reports I don't recall alcohol as being listed very often as a contributing factor or reason for the accidents. 

Sounds like an annoying busybody with nothing better to do. 

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

This is the Brewery's biggest fortnight. Nobody's going to stop or discourage bikers from drinking beer. Think about it, and remember where you are.

Yeah that's right, the IOM constabulary put up extra speed limits, patrols, safety campaigns, speed traps etc etc but decide to let bikers drive around pissed so as not to offend them and to let H&B make a few more quid. It's obvious you hate the TT, fair do's, but don't be stupid.

Most of the bikers who come over do not drink as they want to ride their bike, they are usually up early each morning heading around the course to find a decent spot to watch the race.  When they do have a drink, its usually because there is no racing on the next day and they leave their bike's behind. 

And a lot of those who are enjoying a drink are pinion or passengers in a van with their bikes inside.

But the cry of "Something has to be done" is just too good to pass up for some people, regardless of the realities of the situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Bellefield said:

And a lot of those who are enjoying a drink are pinion or passengers in a van with their bikes inside.

What, travelling on the roof rack? 

1 minute ago, La Colombe said:

What, travelling on the roof rack? 

Have you never walked down the prom in the mornings during TT watching bleary eyed bikers having a cup of tea and trying to unbend themselves after trying to kip in the ford transit their bought their bikes over with?