5 hours ago, vikingdoom said:

I wonder if they drink the same going the other way? Maybe they know a blind eye is turned here so as not to upset the visitors. Real cops on the other side wont be so lenient. 

Can you list the accidents and fatalities that were as a result of drink?

Very very few as I can recall.

To be fair visitors HAVE been done for drink driving.   Doesn't mean they are all at it. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not 1970 anymore, people do not drink and drive (unless they're really stupid/addicted to alcohol/big fat life victims). To claim that the police 'turn a blind eye' to it is disrespectful to the

Sounds like a right killjoy. The bar staff have no idea who is riding, who is pillion, or who is in the back of a van. Same as any sailing it's not their job to police it. The police often breathelize

It's actually to do with the regulations around having a Designated Official

47 minutes ago, WTF said:

i thought a licensee did have a duty of care  (  or do you just mean the steam packet now?? )    or legal responsibility or something and they are not supposed to serve people who are drunk??   didn't a guy at some  place??   that used to be down near the market hall ( possibly spill the beans building? )   lose his license and get prosecuted because someone drank too much and died because of it??  

Yes, licensees do have a statutory responsibility, and an obligation not to sell to people who are drunk. But as the Steam Packet boats aren't licensed...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, kevster said:

It's actually to do with the regulations around having a Designated Official

The designated offical can be taken to court, why would the ships staff want to end up with a criminal record, hence no one would do it i believe

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Yes, licensees do have a statutory responsibility, and an obligation not to sell to people who are drunk. But as the Steam Packet boats aren't licensed...

That works well doesn't it. Go past Macdeaths any day and see the drunks inside and out

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, hboy said:

I'll say hello next time you walk past. I am often drunk and paddling in my own piss most days. 

FIXED

• Like 1