Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Juan_Learner

Bushy's to lose TT site?

Sadly it seems Bushys have lost the tender.

Let's see what happens. It's been a good run, and it means Bushy's will have to rethink their TT but there's room for something else. I'm sure there will be plenty of positives come out of it.

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Let's see what happens. It's been a good run, and it means Bushy's will have to rethink their TT but there's room for something else. I'm sure there will be plenty of positives come out of it.

Its typical of what is happening all over the place though as government clamours for more 'revenue' which isn't really revenue at all. They really would sell their grandmother for an extra tenner from someone else. It's not indicative of progress to me. 

• Like 6

Cue: shit hits fan, corpy illegally selling another business model when all they do is rent a carpark.

Corpy has just entered self-destruct mode.

This'll get bigger than the universe very very quickly.

• Like 1

Slightly more considered Press Release now ...

you don't have to venture too far out of douglas to be in bradden or onchan,  maybe  onchan park perhaps?  far enough away so douglas corpy can go fuck itself.

Edited by WTF

The corpy wanted rid of him so even if the other bids were lower they would have been secretly informed to come back with a better offer. They would have given it to Okells even with a lower offer, with some bull about quality of service. It's how it works on the Isle of Man. :-o 

Edited by BeachBoy

I wonder how much of this is down to the actual tendering process and how much down to H&B/Corpy/Govt sour grapes over the success he's had and the TT logo furore.

This will also be the same Corpy who shut the Villa for the Douglas Carnival? And who apparently also wanted £1000 for the use of the Summerland slipway onto the beach by the Manx 2 Day Trial?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder how much of this is down to the actual tendering process and how much down to H&B/Corpy/Govt sour grapes over the success he's had and the TT logo furore.

This will also be the same Corpy who shut the Villa for the Douglas Carnival? And who apparently also wanted £1000 for the use of the Summerland slipway onto the beach by the Manx 2 Day Trial?

The Corpy do not run the Villa.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wouldn't be able to swear on it but I would say that it's almost exclusively down to him taking on the DED over the TT branding. They have to win at all costs, they don't care about what impact that winning has on the Manx economy, and will quite happily work extra hours just to fuck someone over once they make it clear they are not on board. It happens in almost every area of government. They are very bitter people once crossed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

im not convinced it will be H&B that got the contract, hooded ram is my guess.