Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Juan_Learner

Bushy's to lose TT site?

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The Corpy do not run the Villa.

True, I stand corrected. How about the same Govt who wanted £5k+ for the Villa for the 2 Day Trial presentation on Sunday evening then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

im not convinced it will be H&B that got the contract, hooded ram is my guess.

+1

• Like 2

1 minute ago, quayler said:

So millionaire gets to buy his way into the TT hospitality market by outbidding an established TT feature. That makes sense.

• Like 4

as bushy's have got the site next year, pay the rent but don't open-and start a new site elsewhere:devil:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

as bushy's have got the site next year, pay the rent but don't open-and start a new site elsewhere:devil:

great idea,  put one of those mobile billboards in the centre of the car park witha load of advertising and a map to the new site with copies of the tendering letters etc for the public to see

No matter what, people will still call it Bushy's whoever is running it. It is an institution and a local success story. Good luck to Martin, I get a feeling many people will follow him to wherever he goes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of the pervading grabbing, small minded mentality from puffed up tin pots who seem to take pleasure in wrecking it for people who dare to be good at what they do. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, woody2 said:

bushys dont have it next year?... its 2017 and we've had TT so TT2018 is next year and thats when the new contract starts

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvilEdna said:

No matter what, people will still call it Bushy's whoever is running it. It is an institution and a local success story. Good luck to Martin, I get a feeling many people will follow him to wherever he goes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of the pervading grabbing, small minded mentality from puffed up tin pots who seem to take pleasure in wrecking it for people who dare to be good at what they do. 

This time it's those tin pot wannabes the Douglas Council responsible. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EvilEdna said:

The Manx Crabs in government will always win. The danger is being too successful and trying to take them on as Martin did over the TT branding. Once he did that they were happy to take him down for daring to make the DED look silly and impotent. It's happening all over all the time. They only want businesses to be successful on their terms. It hardly sends out the right message to anyone who wants to build a business in the IOM - always watch your back as there's always some sad twat somewhere in government who has never taken a days risk in their life who will fuck you over if you don't know your place. I see Hooded Ram have bought a 5 year deal so basically they have paid to buy the Bushy's site and goodwill from the corpy whilst they spend the next 5 years re-engineering it for maximum value themselves. 

I wont be going. I look forward to hearing what Martin is planning on doing next. 

Edited by hboy
  • Like 4

On 6 June 2017 at 2:21 PM, sarahc said:

Or "Oddbins presents..." 

This is sounding horribly familiar. Local businessman makes success out of business then is binned off by billionaire tax dodger who makes starstruck idiots out of those in charge. Just look at Cooil Road and Strand Street for other examples.

I really hoped I'd be wrong. :( 

Contract to operate a beer tent goes out to tender when approaching the end of its terms and when current operator, and that is all they are, loses out in the tender process many complain.

Shipping company seeks to renegotiate its contract when end is in site and many of the same people demand it does out to tender.

Fickle folk aren't we

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Contract to operate a beer tent goes out to tender when approaching the end of its terms and when current operator, and that is all they are, loses out in the tender process many complain.

Shipping company seeks to renegotiate its contract when end is in site and many of the same people demand it does out to tender.

Fickle folk aren't we

Need competition on the sea but a monopoly in the air, it seems. 

12 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Fickle folk aren't we

Not really - it tells you all about people's beliefs on loyalty, customer service, and living the brand values. None of which the Steam Packet have ever demonstrated other than when it suits them.

Edited by hboy

29 minutes ago, WhipMeHouston said:

Massive opportunity for any other authority South, North and East of the Island to take on Bushy Tent!

Great idea, oh wait,  somebody at RTC would have to get of their fat arse and actually do something that would help attract people to the town (just look at the state of the prom and beach where hundreds of people used to hang out). So South or East it is then!