Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Juan_Learner

Bushy's to lose TT site?

So in a competitive tender process hooded ram came up with the best deal / plans.  Surely it's bushys fault for not being competitive rather than expecting it all handed to them.  It's how the real world works.  Get over it

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

Great idea, oh wait,  somebody at RTC would have to get of their fat arse and actually do something that would help attract people to the town (just look at the state of the prom and beach where hundreds of people used to hang out). So South or East it is then!

Oh, I don't know.

I think a Bushy's tent on the rugby field by the park would work well. Loads of room and a nice parade on the prom for wheelies, streakers, ( esp, female ) and such, just like the good old days when fun was allowed. Loads of camping space too, plenty of pubs and eateries.

I can think of worse places to have it.

Edited by dilligaf
chopped a bit off MB&B's post
  • Like 2

i wonder if the bushys tent will be at glen lough campsite??   in bradden i think and plenty of persons in the area to make it viable,  the railway might be a bit fucked off though.

Just me that thinks the Bushys tent had got a bit shit and stale then?

nasty pre poured pints, dirty, pretty average music, not very good value, crappy uninspired food etc.

No way people will follow that business model anywhere else.  They were attending purely for the fact that the pub used to be across the road and used to benefit from a great location and self made entertainment on the doorstep.

A few years ago that changed to organised entertainment and a tent on the car park, and recently has been no entertainment and a crappy tent on the car park.

Hooded Ram have put together what people have determined is a better proposal both financially and in terms of the overall package which I assume means better music, food, tent etc.  Remember the people who have made the decision have seen both proposals and we haven't.

The time to criticise or congratulate the corpy and the Hooded Ram is the middle of June next year.  Any comment before then is just people clinging on to a past that wasn't actually very good.  Take a minute and imagine the reviews for Bushys Tent 2017 would have been like if we had never had or seen it before , so with fresh eyes and not the rose tinted nostalgic ones everyone is using.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just me that thinks the Bushys tent had got a bit shit and stale then?

nasty pre poured pints, dirty, pretty average music, not very good value, crappy uninspired food etc.

No way people will follow that business model anywhere else.  They were attending purely for the fact that the pub used to be across the road and used to benefit from a great location and self made entertainment on the doorstep.

A few years ago that changed to organised entertainment and a tent on the car park, and recently has been no entertainment and a crappy tent on the car park.

Hooded Ram have put together what people have determined is a better proposal both financially and in terms of the overall package which I assume means better music, food, tent etc.  Remember the people who have made the decision have seen both proposals and we haven't.

The time to criticise or congratulate the corpy and the Hooded Ram is the middle of June next year.  Any comment before then is just people clinging on to a past that wasn't actually very good.  Take a minute and imagine the reviews for Bushys Tent 2017 would have been like if we had never had or seen it before , so with fresh eyes and not the rose tinted nostalgic ones everyone is using.

Totally agree with you. Boring and there just by habit.

The tent thing needs a revamp.

Edited by dilligaf

Yes trmpton it's just you wanting to start a contrarian fight with people to pass the time. Doesn't somebody else usually do that? 

Edited by hboy

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Oh, I don't know.

I think a Bushy's tent on the rugby field by the park would work well. Loads of room and a nice parade on the prom for wheelies, streakers, ( esp, femail ) and such, just like the good old days when fun was allowed. Loads of camping space too, plenty of pubs and eateries.

I can think of worse places to have it.

I agree, obviously I'd love to see it up here in Ramsey, I just don't see any of our commissioners as wiling to disrupt their comfy tea and biscuit regime in order to do some actual leg work for the good of the town.

Just now, hboy said:

Yes it's just you wanting to start a contrarian fight with people to pass the time. Doesn't somebody else usually do that? 

No, it's me too. ;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

Great idea, oh wait,  somebody at RTC would have to get of their fat arse and actually do something that would help attract people to the town (just look at the state of the prom and beach where hundreds of people used to hang out). So South or East it is then!

Paging Rhumsaa...... :)

• Like 2

Just now, manxb&b said:

I agree, obviously I'd love to see it up here in Ramsey, I just don't see any of our commissioners as wiling to disrupt their comfy tea and biscuit regime in order to do some actual leg work for the good of the town.

Kidnap Rhumsaa, until he tows the line and forces the board to give it some real thought.

• Like 1

I'm trying to goad them into doing something positive   :P As for kidnapping Rhumsaa I wouldn't be able to afford the vet bills for his beard!  :D

• Like 1

Buster Lewin is a fucking lunatic:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IOMNewspolitics/

Buster Lewin Well they have to obtain a Licence and the licence bench will require very clear proof that the applicant has experience in managing such an event. I will be lodging an objection to the Licence Application, if it is granted I would file a Petition of Doleance to have the decsion quashed.
We should have leaflets printed to show bikers where Martin is and I am sure a few of us could hand them out to bikers as they come of the boat.
We could form a human chain just before whatever he is going to call and ask people not to pass through the human chain.

Buster Lewin The licensing bench will also consider public disorder, as well as the police, so we can send a very clear message to the licensing bench that public disorder will occur

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hboy said:

Yes trmpton it's just you wanting to start a contrarian fight with people to pass the time. Doesn't somebody else usually do that? 

Only you...

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Buster Lewin is a fucking lunatic:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IOMNewspolitics/

Yes, Buster is completely fucking nuts.

It is a great shame though, as ( As I have said many times) he was not always like this.

I don't know what the trigger was, but the man has gone loopy. What a waste of a rather clever brain.