Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Juan_Learner

Bushy's to lose TT site?

Obviously good for Bushy's that they have alternative sight lined up but I wish it was not the Villa Marina Gardens. It is one of the few green spaces close to the town centre and a nice place to go to chill, relax etc. Sticking a tent on it for a couple of weeks with thousands expected to attend and probably spill beer and drop fag butts is not going to be great for the grass and depending on the weather it could a while to recover.

Nothing against Bushy's but I just wish they had found one of the vacant hard ground areas in Douglas as I think that as an Island we should protect the main grassed garden in the middle of Douglas so it is in good nick for families to use through the summer. 

• Like 4

I wonder if the success of the lightening seeds gig has helped with this, hosting a 'name' band has given them the confidence to go bigger and host a few more. 

32 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Obviously good for Bushy's that they have alternative sight lined up but I wish it was not the Villa Marina Gardens. It is one of the few green spaces close to the town centre and a nice place to go to chill, relax etc. Sticking a tent on it for a couple of weeks with thousands expected to attend and probably spill beer and drop fag butts is not going to be great for the grass and depending on the weather it could a while to recover.

Nothing against Bushy's but I just wish they had found one of the vacant hard ground areas in Douglas as I think that as an Island we should protect the main grassed garden in the middle of Douglas so it is in good nick for families to use

Apart from:

Archibald Knox Gardens;

Ballaughton Park;

Centenary Gardens;

Clifton Terrace rose gardens;

Derby Square;

Douglas Golf Course;

Douglas Head;

Glen Falcon;

Groves Road recreation ground;

Hilary Square;

Hutchinson Square;

Kaye Memorial Garden;

Marine Gardens;

Noble's Park;

Pulrose recreation ground;

Queens Promenade gardens;

Summerhill Glen;

Woodbourne Square.

You mean? :D

24 minutes ago, Butterflies said:

Apart from:

Archibald Knox Gardens;

Ballaughton Park;

Centenary Gardens;

Clifton Terrace rose gardens;

Derby Square;

Douglas Golf Course;

Douglas Head;

Glen Falcon;

Groves Road recreation ground;

Hilary Square;

Hutchinson Square;

Kaye Memorial Garden;

Marine Gardens;

Noble's Park;

Pulrose recreation ground;

Queens Promenade gardens;

Summerhill Glen;

Woodbourne Square.

You mean? :D

But how are the pensioners and those with disabilities be expected to get there? if they can't walk a few hundred yards to a crossing point on the prom they'll never manage some of those places... :)

Edited by Neil Down

4 minutes ago, When Skies Are Grey said:

If only there was some sort of other empty derelict  area near the prom.....

there's no room in  strand st for a big tent.   castlemona?

Edited by WTF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lost Login said:

Nothing against Bushy's but I just wish they had found one of the vacant hard ground areas in Douglas as I think that as an Island we should protect the main grassed garden in the middle of Douglas so it is in good nick for families to use through the summer. 

In earlier times, the VM gardens survived the footfall of thousands of people, every day throughout the summer. I remember it packed to the gunwales from 10 in the morning when it opened and not a deck chair available by midday. It'll cope, no problem... 

• Like 7

Entertainment Has been tried, and failed around the Villa for quite a few years, why oh why do we have to keep stuffing up on the TT visitor experience when what had been a time proven experience gets forced out of existence.

Only on the IOM

The Isle of Man, where you can bury error in bureaucracy as the locals either don't know or don't care... 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2