Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Apologies if posted before somewhere on the numerous TT threads but £18 quid for an official programme & race guide??

Wow. I mean it's a very glossy publication, but £18??? !!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa there; have a think before you post shite like that

I only got to 1933 and was thoroughly depressed. I'm not a massive TT fan but I can't believe someone has gone to the effort of delving into the archives to obtain names, dates of birth, dates of deat

His cancer has returned, some form of lymphoma I believe, he beat it once lets hope he can do the same again.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Apologies if posted before somewhere on the numerous TT threads but £18 quid for an official programme & race guide??

Wow. I mean it's a very glossy publication, but £18??? !!

 

 

We are moving into a more commercial age, where people are prepared to pay £20 for a glossy program, and £3 for a coffee, and £4 for a pint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

Apologies if posted before somewhere on the numerous TT threads but £18 quid for an official programme & race guide??

Wow. I mean it's a very glossy publication, but £18??? !!

 

 

 

it was going to be £5 but the DED heard how many times 'TT' was used in it and the price went up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notwell said:

The programme is no more expensive than any other type of event of a similar nature.

If you don't want it don't buy it

 

Really?

 

North West 200 2017  £15.00

British Super Bike Donnington 2017 programme £ 5.00

MotoGP 2016 Silverstone £10.00

Official programme Monaco Grand Prix 2017 EUR 10.00

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really.

So the closest the TT is the NW200 which has less races and lasts nowhere near as long and it's three quid cheaper?

And then you are comparing two day race meetings?

I'm not saying the programme is cheap. I think it's expensive.  Having said that it clearly isnt when compared to other similar events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, notwell said:

Really.

So the closest the TT is the NW200 which has less races and lasts nowhere near as long and it's three quid cheaper?

And then you are comparing two day race meetings?

I'm not saying the programme is cheap. I think it's expensive.  Having said that it clearly isnt when compared to other similar events.

To be fair, it was you who drew comparisons to

2 hours ago, notwell said:

The programme is no more expensive than any other type of event of a similar nature.

What other events of a similar nature are you talking about? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

To be fair, it was you who drew comparisons to

What other events of a similar nature are you talking about? 

Surely there are no real similar events or comparisons. I've heard quite a few people moaning about the cost of programmes this year and there's two different ones so if you collect souvenirs you need to buy both which is nearly £40.  

Edited by hboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

To be fair, it was you who drew comparisons to

What other events of a similar nature are you talking about? 

He's listed a road race event that is a nominal amount cheaper for less product.  

Then he's listed three events that last 25% of the duration, have less product yet still charge, in most cases, at least half the cost of the IoM tt programme.

It's clear that the pricing of the iomtt programme isn't disproportionately expensive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, notwell said:

He's listed a road race event that is a nominal amount cheaper for less product.  

Then he's listed three events that last 25% of the duration, have less product yet still charge, in most cases, at least half the cost of the IoM tt programme.

It's clear that the pricing of the iomtt programme isn't disproportionately expensive. 

You obviously can't think of any either, and I'm struggling to. Hboy is right, there are no other events of a similar nature. I think the programme price is extortionate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...