Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

21 minutes ago, notwell said:

I doubt any rider voluntarily  takes part in the TT without being satisfied that the medical attention they get in the event of an accident is the right kind of care.     

I'm sure he would prefer not having a medical condition...

I wonder if all the 'experts' on  this site who offer advice and insights into the thoughts and opinions of those who choose to race motorcycles  have ever spoken to any racers  and just base their opinions  on their own take on life and prejudices.

It's not obligatory to take part in what many would regard as dangerous pastimes , I don't  and would hesitate to instruct /judge others on their choices and wish they would afford others  the same courtesy .

Just saying:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2

Just now, paswt said:

I wonder if all the 'experts' on  this site who offer advice and insights into the thoughts and opinions of those who choose to race motorcycles  have ever spoken to any racers  and just base therapists on their own take on life and prejudices.

It's not obligatory to take part in what many would regard as dangerous pastimes , I don't  and would hesitate to instruct /judge others on their choices and wish they would afford me the same courtesy .

Just saying:flowers:

Well I tell you what, how about we smash a few bones in your body, rupture a few organs, maybe drag you across some tarmac at say...100+mph and then leave you in a hedge, and then we'll get your "expert" opinion on how it feels.

12 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Well I tell you what, how about we smash a few bones in rtards body, rupture a few organs, maybe drag rtard across some tarmac at say...100+mph and then leave rtard in a hedge, and then we'll get my "expert" opinion on how it feels.

seems fair......

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

Well I tell you what, how about we smash a few bones in your body, rupture a few organs, maybe drag you across some tarmac at say...100+mph and then leave you in a hedge, and then we'll get your "expert" opinion on how it feels.

Well it is evident that the scenario you have described  is a nonsense if you are attempting to describe a racing motorcycle incident  .

My opinion is based on having marshalled for many years and having  witnessed many incidents, including , sadly, one fatality (on this island)

I did not say I was an expert Richard , you clearly have deluded yourself into thinking you are .

Out of idle curiosity who exactly is/are this "WE" ( that is going to smash a few of my bones etc):lol:. You have a 'friend' ??:D

Do not presume to advise me how to conduct my life ,I don't criticise your life choices ( and let's face it that wouldn't be too hard:lol: )

Hope this helps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paswt said:

Well it is evident that the scenario you have described  is a nonsense if you are attempting to describe a racing motorcycle incident  .

So you are saying that broken bones, ruptured organs and skin damage are not the sort of wounds that would be experience in a racing motorcycle accident?  Interesting.

My opinion is based on having marshalled for many years and having  witnessed many incidents, including , sadly, one fatality (on this island)

So you haven't actually suffered a racing motor cycling accident yourself?  Interesting.

I did not say I was an expert Richard , you clearly have deluded yourself into thinking you are

I haven't deluded myself into anything.  I merely offered a hypothetical situation where you suffered the same injuries that are conducive with a very high speed motorcycle accident (presumably into a very solid unmoving object like a wall or lamp post).

Out of idle curiosity who exactly is/are this "WE" ( that is going to smash a few of my bones etc):lol:. You have a 'friend' ??:D

There is no we.  "We" is the hypothetical scenario as presented.  We could always slam you into a crash test dummy wall, and let  physics sort you out  if that helps clarify things.

Do not presume to advise me how to conduct my life

I haven't.  The assumption is on your part.

Hope this helps.

26 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So you are saying that broken bones, ruptured organs and skin damage are not the sort of wounds that would be experience in a racing motorcycle accident?  Interesting.

No I did not say that but that is not the norm , many riders slide down the road without suffering blunt trauma in your scenario you stated that after broken bones and organ damage the rider slid along the road at "100 mph" into a hedge .

So you haven't actually suffered a racing motor cycling accident yourself?  Interesting.

No you numpty , if you read my post I stated that I didn't take part in 'dangerous  pastimes'. 

Have you ever raced or ridden a motorcycle ?  

The "hypothetical situation" you initially offered is not the one you now claim  (below)  

"WE" indicates more than one , thought you may have grasped that given your experience as a "pencil squeezer" (and doing as you were told when working for HM    Forces.:lol:.

I think I've now  indulged you quite enough 

I haven't deluded myself into anything.  I merely offered a hypothetical situation where you suffered the same injuries that are conducive with a very high speed motorcycle accident (presumably into a very solid unmoving object like a wall or lamp post).

There is no we.  "We" is the hypothetical scenario as presented.  We could always slam you into a crash test dummy wall, and let  physics sort you out  if that helps clarify things.

I haven't.  The assumption is on your part.

Hope this helps.

6 minutes ago, paswt said:

No I did not say that but that is not the norm , many riders slide down the road without suffering blunt trauma in your scenario you stated that after broken bones and organ damage the rider slid along the road at "100 mph" into a hedge .

No you numpty , if you read my post I stated that I didn't take part in 'dangerous  pastimes'. 

Have you ever raced or ridden a motorcycle ?  

The "hypothetical situation" you initially offered is not the one you now claim  (below)  

"WE" indicates more than one , thought you may have grasped that given your experience as a "pencil squeezer" (and doing as you were told when working for HM    Forces.:lol:.

I think I've now  indulged you quite enough 

you 2 need a room.  guy martin fell off at 120 according to reports ( I think he was going slower by the time he bailed though ) and walked away just needing an icepack on his arm.

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

you 2 need a room.  guy martin fell off at 120 according to reports ( I think he was going slower by the time he bailed though ) and walked away just needing an icepack on his arm.

Which was exactly my point, I've seen riders fall off at 120-140 mph and walk away , and even race the next day ( albeit with a new set of leathers :D)

:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 1

Mods, can you please just copy and paste threads from the last 10+ years each TT? It would save typing time. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, woolley said:

Why limit that to the TT threads?

:D:D