Jump to content
Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

he'll need a welder to put his leg back together !

gws

I see no issue with that post whatsoever and nor would Hutchy.

Too many people being offended by proxy. Again

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paswt said:

When you consider when TF posted his(?) comment it had not been established what had happened or what the outcome was  

You're wrong I'm afraid, it had been broadcast on Manx Radio. 

Edited by La Colombe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, paswt said:

When you consider when TF posted his(?) comment it had not been established what had happened or what the outcome was , it thankfully wasn't as bad as it could have been .

To make that sort of comment before the extent of the incident was established is, IMO, callous and cruel.

Like you I hope "Hutchie" makes a speedy and full recovery

Just saying:flowers:

Maybe TF had more info than you. Just saying. ( he is in the know, you know )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, after such a crap week in many ways, I thought the fireworks just now were great and even better than last time.

I hope all the bikers that had to endure our weather and had a few soakings got a little enjoyment from them. Well done Corpy. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rough weather to say the least, racing all over the place and the programme incomplete, 4 new dead people, loads hospitalised, another machine driving into spectators incident, good fireworks. Has it been a successful TT? I bet it has! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe TF had more info than you. Just saying. ( he is in the know, you know )

do I really have to explain my comments that much, and give references to tweets* from the race organiser's feed which gave information on injuries (suspected broken femur), and sources of common knowledge (?) that people have rebuilt limbs with lots of metal in them (and previous history of recovering from crashes), and explain what 'gws' means ?

I despair

Quote

Isle of Man TT @iom_tt 18h18 hours ago

 
 

We’re hearing that Ian has been taken to hospital conscious, with suspected fractured femur. #iomtt #iomtt2017

 

Edited by Tempus Fugit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

 

12 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Maybe TF had more info than you. Just saying. ( he is in the know, you know )

do I really have to explain my comments that much, and give references to tweets* from the race organiser's feed which gave information on injuries (suspected broken femur), and sources of common knowledge (?) that people have rebuilt limbs with lots of metal in them (and previous history of recovering from crashes), and explain what 'gws' means ?

I despair

Quote

Isle of Man TT @iom_tt 18h18 hours ago

 
 

We’re hearing that Ian has been taken to hospital conscious, with suspected fractured femur. #iomtt #iomtt2017

 

 

Not sure I am reading your post properly.

I posted in support of you as you seem to have your finger one the pulse.

Don't know if you are aiming your post at me, or those I addressed. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was the busiest I have ever seen Douglas. The beer tent was mobbed, 3/4 deep at the bar.

The whole town was much the same.

Rock on TT2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

What year is that? Mid sixties?

Most of that decade, the beach was packed every nice day in the summer ( and there were lots of those )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terminal said:

So about 5 days a year then. 

These days, yes, but not back then. One could count the shitty days on one hand ( well not quite ):D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...