Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Albert Tatlock

Why Manx Forums Is Dying

Imagine being a historian of the future, looking back hundreds or thousands of years at the digital records of internet forums like this one and marvelling that this is what some people did for fun.  

• Like 1

Looks like I will have to Liven Things Up around here to keep it from Dying!

Stay Tuned as I have been fairly Quiet for the past few Years but I am about to Post some Serious Shit!

Check Out My Next Thread!!!

3X3

Edited by TheDruid-3X3

8 hours ago, woolley said:

On the other hand, Quilp, Notwell and myself all have very distinctive posting styles that only an imbecile could mistake for being multiple logins of one person.

So that point needs you, notwell, j2bad, Woody2, and Neil Down and some likes from Quilp to ram the point home. You really are a delusional tiresome little man logging on here to get your internet stiffie from shouting at people and spreading your boring yet predictable right wing nonsense. The minute I started having a go at you the same tiresome procession of posters all logged in to start hurling abuse in a row. I actually find this whole thing genuinely funny whereas as with you it seems to be some sort of sad alpha quest for dominance thing. Maybe you really do need help? Do you not like not getting your own way or is it that you can't tolerate anyone on this forum who dares to pull you up for some of the nonsense and rampant islamophobia you post? 

The UK Elections thread is a prime example as it shows the way that you angrily and nastily turn on posters like PK, Pongo, Manxman1980, Richard Britten, Declan etc and automatically trash anything said the second you dont get your own way. It just kills all proper debate and turns threads into angry abuse and counter abuse which are typical right wing troll tactics. 

Edited by JackCarter

If someone creates a sock puppet to disrupt the forum, then turning a thread into an argument about who is a sock puppet achieves their goal. 

It doesn't matter if Notwell or Jack is the sock puppet because they both contribute to the problem.  It's best to treat every post as genuine and respond or not to what's said. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Looks like I will have to Liven Things Up around here to keep it from Dying!

Stay Tuned as I have been fairly Quiet for the past few Years but I am about to Post some Serious Shit!

Check Out My Next Thread!!!

3X3

flatline_8205.jpg

9 hours ago, woody2 said:

hello tj ....

Hello he wasn't even posting on the thread when you posted that. 

14 hours ago, llap said:

Still awaiting any proof of "racism" other than very sensibly not wanting a whacko religious ideology to take us back to the stone age, turn women into property of men, persecute anyone who isn't a believer, ban free speech, murder anyone who leaves the cult, and throw gays off buildings.

Tarne has made a few "colourful" remarks recently...

And are you talking about conservative Christianity?

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Tarne has made a few "colourful" remarks recently...

And are you talking about conservative Christianity?

I wasn't talking about Tar[d]e. He's just a wind up merchant. I was talking about radical Wahabist Islam exported all over the world by Saudi Arabia with support from the US and UK. 

Edited by llap

1 minute ago, llap said:

I wasn't talking about Tar[d]e. He's just a wind up merchant. I was talking about radical Wahabist Islam exported all over the world by Saudi Arabia with support from the US and UK. 

So not about Christianity which is doing the very same things...

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

So not about Christianity which is doing the very same things...

Really, anywhere in the civilised world? 

2 minutes ago, llap said:

Really, anywhere in the civilised world? 

Ah the shifting goal posts...

So does this mean we can't include anything Islamic in Asia and Africa then?

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

Ah the shifting goal posts...

So does this mean we can't include anything Islamic in Asia and Africa then?

Are you suggesting Africa and Asia are uncivilised? I am certainly not. Nor am I interested particularly in defending Christianity, as I'm not a Christian. Christians are however the number 1 persecuted group in the world today and it's Islamists doing it. I do not see Christians calling for women to be second class citizens, not allowed to drive or show their faces, or blowing up or stabbing people on the streets or throwing gays off buildings. If you can find some exceptional cases in areas without good governance, that's to be condemned, but it doesn't pose an existential threat to our country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, llap said:

I am certainly not. Nor am I interested particularly in defending Christianity, as I'm not a Christian.

Yet, you rabidly defend Judaism...

Righto Susan.