Road tax

JOE450

22 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Gift horses and mouths spring to mind as I thought H&B bought you the car for work, then gifted it to you on your "retirement" .

I could be very wrong, but I will not be apologetic if I am though. :)

That was a Renault Megane that was a company car. The Porsche I bought myself

Edited by alpha-acid
no text
  • Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:29 PM, Gizo said:
On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, slinkydevil said:

dilligaf: 48hr ban

abusive behaviour. 

Can we make that to a complete flounce. Again. 

NO. I am back, sorry. You can't be lucky all the time.:lol: 

• Like 2

I'm not much into the 996.  For me it would be a 991 or 997 Gen 2.

Nor me particularly but there are no 991s or 997s available for <£10,000  :) 

I know of a 996 cabrio (also with the proper hard top) that sold for £7,000. It had an accident free history but needed a bit of work to get it through the Manx test but now looks and drives fabulous. The infamous IMS bearing had been done too. 

Road tax is "only" £375.

Tynwald has approved a six per cent hike in car tax. I find it hilarious how they state "the first rise in two years', wow, big deal, hardly an extended period of time is it? But what really boils my piss though is how (look away now if you don't like motorcyclists) they have singled out bikes/bikers for unfair charging. If I have a car of up to 999cc, the tax will be £54, if I have two less wheels, ie a motorcycle of the exact same cc the tax is £78, how the f**k does that work? Ninety per cent of motorcycles will spend six months of the year garaged anyway. It's just two vehicles with the same engine displacement using the same shitty roads, how is one of them being charged nearly a third more for a year's tax? Maybe someone from the DOI would like to comment (the sound of me not holding my breath).

• Like 4

Haven't they also promised to look again at part year taxing though? Like we used to enjoy,  so you can only tax your bike or whatever for the six months you actually use it.

I was waiting to step onto a shiny Bus Vannin Merc Citaro the other day. I happened to notice the duty payable on the tax disc on the windscreen. £166. Or were my eyes deceiving me?

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Haven't they also promised to look again at part year taxing though? Like we used to enjoy,  so you can only tax your bike or whatever for the six months you actually use it.

Not sure about that NB, but the point remains why is it a nearly a third more to tax a bike for a year than a car of the same cc?

1 hour ago, manxb&b said:

Not sure about that NB, but the point remains why is it a nearly a third more to tax a bike for a year than a car of the same cc?

Because this is the home of motorcycling? :lol:

And the home of the extraordinarily large Govt Pension and Lump Sum.

But going back to my previous post, I bet a Merc Citaro in daily use produces more than twice as much pollution than a 1000cc motorcycle ever does in a year, no matter how "emissions reduced" the bus is.

It's just a gouge. Pure and simple. And note again the 6% increase. Popular figure when it comes to implementing local increases, innit?

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 4