• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I would have bet any amount of money that she could not complete two laps. That was an amazing feat that didn't really get the acknowledgemnt it deserved.

Bloody husband made it to Bride...but he cannot walk now and has blisters, which I do not  Thanks all, it was so ace, I've always fancied it but never been mad enough until this year.

He very nearly filled in the application form last november

57 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Proper trolleyed now though.

But being trolleyed isn't really an excuse for what you said is it? It was just being deliberately provocative to try to wind people up. It wasn't very nice either given 100 probably died.

• Like 1

Why react? Tarne says outrageous stuff all the time. What evs. 

Well done to all the mad men and women who went for a leisurely 85 miles walk in the blistering heat yesterday, whether you made it all the way or just got to Santon, it's a great thing to do. I've only walked from Douglas to Peel & I didn't go via Port Erin, it's tough on the hips. I might have a go next year.

It's a wonderful community event but yesterday's heat did raise some questions about the event. It's very well organised and I hope the organisers take on board any lessons to be learnt. The weather is of course completely unpredictable and many times the event has experienced very poor to dreadful weather conditions, so there are no easy answers here.

Well done to everyone who took part, and no matter where you finished, you did well. Those who completed the distance or who went beyond their target were heroes in that heat. It was a marvellous achievement.  

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's a wonderful community event but yesterday's heat did raise some questions about the event. It's very well organised and I hope the organisers take on board any lessons to be learnt. The weather is of course completely unpredictable and many times the event has experienced very poor to dreadful weather conditions, so there are no easy answers here.

Oh grow up, they already have a time cutoff and age restrictions on how far people can go dependant on their age.  Therefore, people taking part are grown ups and responsible for themselves.  Everyone saw the weather forecast (and it really wasn't that hot anyway in the grand scheme of things)

people have their own support vehicles and are responsible for either satin. I have had enough or I need more water, sun cream, hat etc.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 2

The results appear to suggest that youth survived the heat and age did not.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 6/14/2017 at 6:28 AM, Gizo said:

Have they got insurance and road tax? 

2 years old and a relevant post again. 

MF, where topics and opinions get regurgitated ad infinitum 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gizo said:

2 years old and a relevant post again. 

MF, where topics and opinions get regurgitated ad infinitum 

It's the topic that just keeps on giving...

19 minutes ago, thebees said:

Got to Jurby - very pleased with myself :) Great day, loads of fun and such fantastic support all around the course - amazing x

Well done! It was very warm today, not ideal walking weather. 

42 minutes ago, thebees said:

Got to Jurby - very pleased with myself :) Great day, loads of fun and such fantastic support all around the course - amazing x

Hey well done. You must have been motoring,  and overtook nearly 100 folk Michael to Jurby.

Next year see you on Douglas Promenade!