St Thomas' to be fed to the lions.

j2bad

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not sure where they come into this, maybe I missed that bit.

Having said that, I sort of know where you are coming from with the remark ;)

St Thomas' being a 'faith' school has long been the favoured school of the nutjobs, that conniving living hope pastor send his kids there for a start and one of the living hope leaders was a teacher and a former headmaster one of their flock, big fuck off warning signs for a normal school, this will never be a coexistence.

• Like 1

Just now, j2bad said:

St Thomas' being a 'faith' school has long been the favoured school of the nutjobs, that conniving living hope pastor send his kids there for a start and one of the living hope leaders was a teacher and a former headmaster one of their flock, big fuck off warning signs for a normal school, this will never be a coexistence.

I bow to your superior knowledge on that score then.

I didn't see the link before, but now you say that I can't help but see your point.

4 minutes ago, j2bad said:

Did it only become a faith school when some South Africans turned up then?

9 minutes ago, j2bad said:

Language Timothy! Embarrassing. Could have a fight with yourself in an empty room. 

1 hour ago, j2bad said:

I went to St Thomas' school and the experience made me a confirmed atheist!

• Like 2

Was the first thing I thought too Mr King & then I wondered what disaster would befall the building in situ before it becomes another eyesore in Douglas for 20 years while they get their '400 luxury apartment' plans through planning. 

It's owned by the church, surely?  It is a quaint, but totally out of date, school.  It used to be called the thru'penny college, and has always had a good reputation.  I hope the move preserves the history and quality, but there seems little other choice.

The church next door owns it.

A lad working with me has two kids there. He said the don't go for religious reasons (it was just convenient at the time) and that is the case for a fair few of the pupils there.  Also the syllabus doesn't differ much at all, which is common sense really. 

It wouldn't surprise me if some are simply swallowed up in to existing classes up at Vallajeeilt. 

My daughter is in the largest class at Scooil Vallajeelt, which is 34 strong.(Actually it might be 36 now iirc)

Most other classes aren't nearly that size, but I'm not sure just how big they are.

Apparently there are in the region of 15 rooms available of which about 9 are currently being used.

The school will be given the budget of both schools so will benefit in that respect.

New equipment can be purchased, facilities upgraded and socially the kids will benefit by having more people to play and learn with.

As previous posters have said, a portion of the kids at St Thomas' are there for convenience of location, not for religious beliefs and so will probably not move to Saddlestone.

My wife has spoken to the Head mistress and also to some of the mothers about this at great lengths and , now she has more details, thinks it's a good idea..

Edited by mbx
  • Like 3