Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
doc.fixit

......how many RTCs today??.........

I think a lot of the roads are becoming increasingly slippery due to overhanging trees and vegetation dropping green matter and blocking the sunlight from drying and bleaching the road surface. There were also a lot of comments from TT competitors this year about the track being "green". Ballaugh through to Ramsey is like a green tunnel for long stretches.

There was a time when this stuff used to be cut back (men on open top double decker?) but it seems to have gone by the bye in recent years, probably due to cutbacks or even environmental pressures?

That having been said, one should always drive to the conditions etc.

Saw him on my way up to Ramsey early this morning. Beautiful drive up and back on virtually empty roads before it clouded over.

6 minutes ago, finlo said:

Not a red Lambo is it with tiny foreign plates?

You are spot on there. Yes it was thinking back, regarding the front. ( Embarrassed now.)

I was doing about 150 mph, so didn't get such a close look. That's my excuse.:lol:

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think a lot of the roads are becoming increasingly slippery due to overhanging trees and vegetation dropping green matter and blocking the sunlight from drying and bleaching the road surface. There were also a lot of comments from TT competitors this year about the track being "green". Ballaugh through to Ramsey is like a green tunnel for long stretches.

There was a time when this stuff used to be cut back (men on open top double decker?) but it seems to have gone by the bye in recent years, probably due to cutbacks or even environmental pressures?

That having been said, one should always drive to the conditions etc.

The branches are still cut back each year as the double deckers are still used.

From my afternoons drive, I would say that all the holes in walls and hedges created by vehicles are in the open where no shade or coverage exists.

3 minutes ago, Parrot said:

The branches are still cut back each year as the double deckers are still used.

They need to give the driver a map that extends north-east of Kirk Michael then, because there's been nothing noticeable cut back, on the TT course at least, for many a year, Sulby crossroads through to Ramsey being the worst. It must be an interesting ride on the top deck of a normal double decker these days :lol:

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

They need to give the driver a map that extends north-east of Kirk Michael then, because there's been nothing noticeable cut back, on the TT course at least, for many a year, Sulby crossroads through to Ramsey being the worst. It must be an interesting ride on the top deck of a normal double decker these days :lol:

Maybe the deflectors are getting better.

Bloody trees, what right have they to get in the way of.............................