In need of a holiday!!

11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I passed my have test in salisbury. Don't go on a wednesday it's market day.

Stonehenge is a bit of a let down too

That's a subjective opinion, obviously. The view from the A303 as Stonehenge comes into view from the higher ground W of Amesbury ranks alongside the Grand Canyon in my book.

If you do want to diss Stonehenge, it was heavily 'restored' by Victorian antiquarians and it is partly their efforts that we are seeing today.

Edited by guzzi
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure you'd be very successful if you did a go fund me page for you to go to Lulworth and Bovington target practice and linked it here. I'd contribute £50.

Take Tarne with you. 

A really good cathedral there if I recall.  Will certainly look into that. I wanted answers from human beings with genuine information, not an automated system designed to mislead based on

5 minutes ago, guzzi said:

That's a subjective opinion, obviously. The view from the A303 as Stonehenge comes into view from the higher ground W of Amesbury ranks alongside the Grand Canyon in my book.

If you do want to diss Stonehenge, it was heavily 'restored' by Victorian antiquarians and it is partly their efforts that we are seeing today.

The chalk carvings of the horses and the guy with a boner never failed to impress me. I'd rank them higher than stonehenge in wow factor

• Like 1

Indeed, hard to ignore a damn great cock and balls graffitied on the hillside.  I would very much like to visit Newgrange in Ireland, though. Something llap ought to consider, perhaps.

Edited by guzzi
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I passed my have test in salisbury. Don't go on a wednesday it's market day.

Stonehenge is a bit of a let down too

Your what test?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, guzzi said:

the concrete has started to show, thats one of the reasons you can't get near it....

5 hours ago, llap said:

Haven't been off this rock in half a decade and I think I'm finally starting to lose it....

Who is the best travel agent on the Isle of Man (or is online better?) and where should I go on holiday, keeping in mind limited money? I'll be on my own. 

Thanks 

I hear Heysham and Morecombe are nice; £32 on the boat. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, La Colombe said:

I'd go to London. Cornwall is boring, just a bigger version of the Isle of Man. 

I would go to Cornwall. London is busy, expensive, and not pretty at all.