Cannabis (again)

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

In my personal opinion, while cannabis may not be physically addictive it is most definitely psychologically. I can get home from work and sit down and put some skins together and effectively be stoned before I've actually smoked any. It's a mindset thing.

The important point is that once stoned, do you feel the urge to destroy other peoples property or cause physical harm to them?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No there is an offence of driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs. Drink is now given a fixed level, 80ug in blood and 35ug in breath. That’s a statutory test. Doesn’t matter if you’re fit or not.

I'm in favour of legalisation, but I do think driving under the influence should be illegal.

Sounds far too autobiographical that W2. Due to this schizophrenia does your "friend" tend to make up fake news and swear a lot too? 

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Oh certainly, but it's less psychologically addictive than Alcohol (http://www.drugsense.org/mcwilliams/www.marijuanamagazine.com/toc/addictiv.htm) and alcohol is also physically addictive.

I disagree with that. With alcohol, I can take it or I can take it...oh wait a minute

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Oh certainly, but it's less psychologically addictive than Alcohol (http://www.drugsense.org/mcwilliams/www.marijuanamagazine.com/toc/addictiv.htm) and alcohol is also physically addictive.

bloody alcohol...

Edited by Neil Down
1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

The important point is that once stoned, do you feel the urge to destroy other peoples property or cause physical harm to them?

no, but I don't feel like that when I'm drunk either.

• Like 1
Just now, TheTeapot said:

no, but I don't feel like that when I'm drunk either.

Fair comment, with the stuff you drink, I'm impressed you can stand let alone fight... :thumbsup:

@HeliX

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02530-7

The research is still in its infancy as some of the articles you posted indicate. The potential for more serious and longer term harm is outlined here. We have not seen enough evidence so far of this longer term use, especially with vaping now becoming more popular. Second hand ingestion is also featured as a potential problem. 

Alcohol has evolved with social systems around it to try and reduce harm - it is in effect generally well managed in society  with respect to the manufacture, sale, types and impacts of excess. There are charities and organisations established to assist those who wish to use them..Not so yet with cannabis.The type and strength can be so variable that even short term use can cause lasting damage to cognitive function. 

Medicinal cannabis legalisation is happening around the world and the evidence gleaned will support the legalisation of a controlled psychotropic potentially long term damaging agent but with the management systems that there is now for alcohol. Until then, its unfettered use will continue to store up problems that we will see further down the line.