Jump to content

Time To Change The Law On Drugs?


La Colombe
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Firm granted a licence to grow and export. 

https://www.businessisleofman.com/news/first-isle-of-man-medicinal-cannabis-for-export-licence-approved/

Gro Labs appear to be already operating in the UK, but are going to move their Head Office and some growing here. 

Although I can't find any info on a Gro Labs on the UK Companies Registry. 

Their website is already mentioning their IOM operation. 

https://growlaborganics.com/about

Still an ironic sick joke. We'll be growing and exporting here now, whilst no one here is realistically able to use it. 

Alex Fray behind it is an Islander isn't he? Wasn't he Boston Multi Family Office?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Alex Fray behind it is an Islander isn't he? Wasn't he Boston Multi Family Office?

Yeah but because he is Boston CSP, makes me unsure whether he is doing it himself or on behalf of a client. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Yeah but because he is Boston CSP, makes me unsure whether he is doing it himself or on behalf of a client. 

*was

I'm pretty certain he's thrown all the money he got from Boston in to this, if what I was told ages ago is to be believed. No doubt he has other backers now though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The licence has been issued by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.

I find this confusing.

The CEO of the Gambling Supervision Commission states: "The GSC has worked attentively to identify a definitive list of stakeholders before creating the regulations to ensure the correct information gateways are captured in statute."

Note the words "attentively", "definitive", and "gateways" which add nothing to the comment.  I sense a great deal of bullshit in that press statement.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is great news for the island and hopefully more licenses will follow.

Its a progressive move and could actually go some way to making us a centre of excellence in the industry.

now hopefully we will see rapid progress on the plans for down by cooil road from Peel Holdings and generate jobs and cash for the construction industry in the short term with more jobs in lots of new areas to follow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

The licence has been issued by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.

I find this confusing.

The CEO of the Gambling Supervision Commission states: "The GSC has worked attentively to identify a definitive list of stakeholders before creating the regulations to ensure the correct information gateways are captured in statute."

In the early days of the expat boom Dubai used to issue personal alcohol licenses to residents. They were like driving licenses which allowed people to buy a certain amount of alcohol off a licensed off license over a certain period of time. I really have no idea why we are hellbent on licencing the commercial IOM export chain but still doing some poor bloke in Pully for possession of 50p worth of weed. Its just greed and stupidity. 

Edited by Newsdesk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Two-lane said:

The licence has been issued by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.

I find this confusing.

The CEO of the Gambling Supervision Commission states: "The GSC has worked attentively to identify a definitive list of stakeholders before creating the regulations to ensure the correct information gateways are captured in statute."

Note the words "attentively", "definitive", and "gateways" which add nothing to the comment.  I sense a great deal of bullshit in that press statement.

The usual CS gobbledegook!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am in no way defending the fact he was quite likely impaired at this level; but it does again raise the question of this limit that has been set, that would likely show you as still testing positive days after having a single joint, at which point you would in no way be impaired. 

If I was 9 times over the drink drive limit, I could barely stand up, yet alone drive a car which is only pulled over it seems due to a defective tail light. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/driving-ban-for-douglas-man-who-had-cannabis-in-his-system/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I am in no way defending the fact he was quite likely impaired at this level; but it does again raise the question of this limit that has been set, that would likely show you as still testing positive days after having a single joint, at which point you would in no way be impaired. 

If I was 9 times over the drink drive limit, I could barely stand up, yet alone drive a car which is only pulled over it seems due to a defective tail light. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/driving-ban-for-douglas-man-who-had-cannabis-in-his-system/

This was the point I raised previously.  The law doesn't penalise for impairment, only presence of cannabis in the system.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, cissolt said:

This was the point I raised previously.  The law doesn't penalise for impairment, only presence of cannabis in the system.

 

every other driver pulled over in California  on suspicion of driving while impaired , is testing positive for drugs ,  this is what happens when cannabis and other drugs become easily available , 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I am in no way defending the fact he was quite likely impaired at this level; but it does again raise the question of this limit that has been set, that would likely show you as still testing positive days after having a single joint, at which point you would in no way be impaired. 

If I was 9 times over the drink drive limit, I could barely stand up, yet alone drive a car which is only pulled over it seems due to a defective tail light. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/driving-ban-for-douglas-man-who-had-cannabis-in-his-system/

I’m just confused as to how you can set a legal level for illegal drugs you’re allowed to have in your system when driving? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

I’m just confused as to how you can set a legal level for illegal drugs you’re allowed to have in your system when driving? 

Fair point.  But then any showing in your system at all would be illegal and you've ruined my entire point of discussion. 

Although I don't think it's technically illegal to take drugs.  Just to own/sell them etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...